Defining Leadership 8

Last week:
Leadership is having influence over a group, who share similar goals and philosophies as the leader. Leadership begins with one's core values and priorities in life, which can help direct their decisions and behavior. A leader should be able to view all different perspectives of the group.

This week:

Difference:
Again, after this week's readings, I am still satisfied with where I have taken my definition throughout the weeks. I considered engaging Komives (1998), as it demonstrates forming, storming, norming, and preforming. Yet, I did not find these to fit into this short definition. It seems to be more of a situational-based story, than to be mentioned in a definition.

Resources:

Komives, S. R., Lucas, N., & McMahon, T. R. (1998). "Interacting in Teams and Groups." Exploring Leadership: For college students who want to make a difference (pp. 165 - 194). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.