Final Leadership Definition

Last week:
Leadership is having influence over a group, who share similar goals and philosophies as the leader. Leadership begins with one's core values and priorities in life, which can help direct their decisions and behavior. A leader should be able to view all different perspectives of the group.

This week:
Leadership is having influence over a group, who share similar goals and philosophies as the leader. Leadership begins with one's core values and priorities in life, which can help direct their decisions and behavior. A leader, while still holding influence, should be able to view all different perspectives from the group, to encourage positive change.

Analysis of difference:
For my final definition, I edited my wording on the last sentence, as I was not completely satisfied with its message. Sessions (2010) describes relationships among group members, whether they are in a virtual community, or a combination of web-based and face-to-face meetings. Regardless of the type of group, I feel as though my definition is able to fit into any given situation.

Source:
Sessions, L. F. (2010). How offline gatherings affect online communities: When virtual community members 'meet up'. Information, Communication & Society, 13(3), 375-395. doi:10.1080/13691180903468954