Main | What do you see? »

Mark Bellcourt

bellcourt.jpg
Boozhoo: Mark Bellcourt niin indizhinikaaz zhaanaashiimong. Bimose Inini idash nindigo Ojibwemong. Gaawiin ningikenimaasii indoodem. Gaa-Waabaabiganikaag niin indoojibaa. Ashkibugziibing nindayendaa noongom.

Greetings; My English name is Mark Bellcourt. My Ojibwe name is Walking Man. I do not know my clan. I am from White Earth Reservation (located in Northern Minnesota). But, now I live in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Mark Bellcourt's educational background is in higher education policy and administration. His doctoral research focused on Indigenous worldviews of math and science and how they can be better integrated into the mainstream curriculum. He co-taught a course in Akumal during 2003 that explored both ecological and cultural patterns of the area and has visited the Yucatan more than ten times to explore more than 20 Maya archaeological sites.

exotic language..btw, what laguage is it?

Ojibwe or sometimes called Anishanaabe

I am a sophomore in golden valley and doing a research project on Wild rice and anishanaabe people. I was wondering if you would be available for an interview or to give me and a few classmates some information. my email adress is careb3000@gmail.com Thank you!