« Marco LaNave | Main | Katherine Boulware »

Emily Bowers

Salutations!
I am a 4th year student at the U of M majoring in Environmental Science, Policy, and Management while minoring in sustainability studies - my family says I'm off to save the world, I only wish it were that simple. I was first introduced to the U through the post secondary education option, by which I spent my senior year of high school going full time to the university. I really enjoy gaining knowledge and learning new things and the best way to achieve those things is through experience. I am very interested in international sustainable development and hope to pursue it as a career. So, I am excited to learn about land use change and development of different peoples at different times and their relationship with the environment during this trip.

I was born and raised in the Twin Cities metro area. Growing up my family almost never traveled, so when I got older I wanted to take every chance I got to see what is outside of Minnesota. In 2005 I spent 3 weeks in Europe with the program People to People Student Ambassadors. During that time we traveled through France then Switzerland, Austria, and Italy. It was an incredibly amazing and life altering experience and I am hoping that this trip to the Mayan Riviera will also provide such a wonderful impact on my life. I have never been to Mexico and I think this seems like a fantastic way to experience the country through such fascinating activities like seeing ruins sites, snorkeling, and participating in a community service project with a local community!

Adios - eager and excited to par take in this adventure with you all so soon!