« January 2, 2009 | Main | January 5, 2009 »

Mid-course Journal

I've been here for 10 days now and have seen some spectacular animals. Last week while snorkeling in Akumal Bay, we saw a school of small squid, several young green turtles, parrot fish, and spotted stingray. Yesterday was really cool. While snorkeling at Xel Ha, a 5 foot Manta Ray swam about two feet below me. You could feel to current created by the movement of it’s wide wing spread as it gracefully passed by. I wanted to reach and touch it – but of course I did not. This morning, I saw a Coatimumdi, member of the raccoon family, scouring the jungle floor for roots, insects and bird eggs. The books says they often travel in large troops of 20 or more, but the one I saw this morning appeared to be by itself. Below is a picture of the Coatimundi.

P1040010.JPG

Great theme!

Hiya, I'm really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and web and this is actually frustrating. A good site with exciting content, that's what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.