« Getting Close to the End | Main | Returning Home »

The Last Day

This morning we went to a lecture where Armando spoke to us about the turtles that live in Akumal Bay. We learned about some of the challenges that turtles face, such as development on the beaches and tourism. We had a chance to ask questions and later in the evening we got to see another turtle release. A crowd gathered on each side as the turtles made their way down to the beach. We were extremely lucky to see two groups of hatchlings being released so far out of nesting season, which usually ends in November.
P1160088.JPG

During the day people went out on the beach for a last chance to soak up some sun, or grab a last souvenir, and eat lunch at their favorite restaurant. The closing feast was the final scheduled event for the trip. It was also the final chance for everyone to get together for once last time. Even with limited menu, everyone enjoyed their meals, and especially enjoyed the unexpected dessert.

Talking circle for this night was bitter sweet. Many shared favorite memories of our trip and of each other. We've all come away from this trip having grown, changed, and connected to one another in ways that will last for a very long time.

P1160092.JPG

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :)