Anna

Hi everyone!

My name is Anna, and I'm an English major & art minor in my final year at the U of M. I hail from Darwin, a small town in rural MN about an hour west of the metro. I enjoy photography and painting, camping trips, and seeing live music around Minneapolis.

I've already done some traveling abroad, as well as plenty of road trips around the lower 48 states and Canada. I did a global seminar in London this past May term, which included a side trip to Amsterdam. I haven't been to Mexico before, but in my freshman year of high school, I took a 9-day trip to Costa Rica to study the rainforests and ecotourism.

While I'm excited to learn about and experience the Maya culture, I am pretty stoked to sit on the beach and forget about all things snow-related. I'd also like to improve my Spanish--I know about three phrases right now, but I suspect I'll pick up more.

I'm looking forward to graduating this spring, and hope to find work in the book publishing industry. I also plan to do more travelling--I'm hoping for a camping trip to Alaska this summer, and I'd love to get back to Europe someday. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about Mexico after we get back!