The Final Farewell

I am currently sitting in the LA airport anxiously waiting for our final flight to Minneapolis. i have only been in the United States for a few hours and I somehow already miss New Zealand....A LOT! I am of course excited to see family and friends and tell them all about the adventures I just experienced, but I know the excitement of being home will decrease quite quickly. And that is when the real feeling sets in. The moment I wake up tomorrow and realize I am not longer in New Zealand and have no idea if or when I will go back. Out of any country I have ever traveled to, I have never wanted to travel back to that same country as much as I do right now. I am so incredibly grateful that I have the opportunity to do this. I would like to thank Mark and the other students I traveled with. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to travel "down under" with! And most importantly I would like the thank the Maori community that hosted us. The Ngati Kahungunu Iwi and all of the maraes went above and beyond hosting us and were constanty so generous and welcoming. I feel so lucky to have met so many amazing people and gain life long friendships! And as much as I don't want it to be, this is unfortunately my final farewell. I will cherish teh memories from the past three weeks for the rest of my life and cannot wait for the day when I return to Aotaeroa!