Recently in Introductions Category

Luke's Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Luke, I am a freshmen in CBS here at U of M, majoring in biology with an emphasis on pre-pharmacy. I am from Chanhassen, just a little ways away from the cities. I love to travel and learn, and I am greatly looking forward to this trip and am very excited to be able to have this opportunity to learn abroad with all of you. I look forward to meeting you and exploring the wonders of New Zealand.

Betsy Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Betsy and I am a from the Chicagoland area that is majoring in journalism. I don't know much about the Maori people, but I love traveling and learning about new cultures. I am very excited to go on this trip and to meet all of you.

Betsy

Jenn introduction

Greetings Mark & fellow students! My name is Jenn. I'm a born & raised Minnesotan who is really looking forward to this course. I'm a junior transfer student. My major is Ojibwe language & whole systems healing through the CCE. I am excited to meet each of you & hope we can make some meaningful connections during our time together!

Jenn

Mark

Kia Ora / Boozhoo All:

Mark Bellcourt niin indizhinikaaz zhaanaashiimong. Bimose Inini idash nindigo Ojibwemong. Gaawiin ningikenimaasii indoodem. Gaa-Waabaabiganikaag niin indoojibaa. Ashkibugziibing nindayendaa noongom.

Greetings, my English name is Mark Bellcourt. However, I am called Walking Man in Ojibwe. I do not know my clan. I come from White Earth, but now I live in St. Paul.
Mark final.jpg

I earned my Ed.D. from the University of Minnesota in 2005 in higher education policy and administration. My research interests are in Indigenous worldviews of math and science and how they can be better integrated into the mainstream curriculum. My master's and bachelor's degrees are in psychology and counseling. I am currently the Coordinator for the Access to Success (ATS) program in the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Sciences (CFANS) and senior academic adviser in the College of Education and Human Development.

I look forward to getting to know all of you during our three-week trip Aotearoa (NZ), "Land of the Kiwi." This course will focus on identifying, defining and solving issues related to the diverse philosophies and cultural values within and between the Indigenous Māori and descendents of the European colonialists.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Introductions category.

Instructor Entries is the previous category.

Student Entries is the next category.