I know this is not a pretty version of things, but we have done all this work. I didn't think it was what you were looking for in the 4-5 sentences.
1. Argument: Bourgeois drama, specifically Diderot used drama to inspire social change through the use of new perspectives and cultural viewpoints- Family Picture- Blind man example. Give the middle class power.-Kevin
2. Visual changes- Draya
-changes in costuming
-getting the nobles off the stage
-introducing spectacle- Voltaire
3. Changes in theatrical practice -Kiara & Abby
- introduction of the fourth wall
- new subgenres
- movement toward sentimentalism
- representation and undermining identity (acting piece for diderot- actors taking on identities that are external. You can change roles by deciding to. There is no underlying identity. Putting on masks!)
- Can actors represent truth on stage? Rousseau, representations of reality undermine. Diderot says fiction is it's own truth. Presentational v representational.
- Changing from depicting ideal to everyday
- Who is the audience? Movement from court audience to everyday audience
- village as family (analogy of how to view the municipality) coming from the higher ups.
4. Political movements result from the changes and social - Abby & Kiara
- french revolution
5. A Family Picture- Everyone should incorporate this!
- Main character is patriarch- but he is not the wise all powerful (could the main character be the son?)
- Mistaken identity
-Upper class is depicted as evil
-Real human emotions given to lower class- no longer just a foil
-Lower class woman has agency and choices
-The sister portrays the moral ideal- refusing to lie to her father.
6. Why does this even matter? -Lizi
- How does focusing on specificity affect the larger universal truth of a piece? Fundamental truths.
- Let's move toward idealized world instead of traditional.
- THEATRE IS IMPORTANT. By focusing on a new audience/ finding a new way to communicate with them- we are more likely to be able to affect change. Give them access and new perspectives and social change is possible!