Much at Stake | Main | The Daily Speaks

Take a Poll

How do you get your news: the newspaper, internet, radio, network news (CBS, NBC), or cable news (CNN, Fox News)? And which medium do you think provides the most reliable, unbiased information?

Posted by beng0061 at December 6, 2004 9:57 AM

I rely on a mix of radio (MPR/NPR) and the Internet (New York Times daily headline e-mails, Yahoo news (mostly Reuters and AP, with some alt. sources), and various blogs. Plus, we subscribe to the Sunday Strib.

Posted by: Tim G. at December 7, 2004 9:57 AM

I get my news from people usually. Conversations and such. Also I foward my e-mail to a comcast account and when I check it they have streaming headline news keeping me informed.

Posted by: Christopher Schultz at December 7, 2004 2:57 PM

I am a CNN junky... Honestly, I watch it all the time. I also like to get up to dates on the internet. Although when it comes to being a reliable source that's hard to say. The media likes to make headlines and they like the ratings. So I think it is even that they all like to exagerate the stories a little bit.

Posted by: Sarah at December 7, 2004 2:59 PM

I like Fox and CNN. The news definatly is biased though, so I dont rely to heavily on it. I also like talk radio because then I can listen to conservative and liberal talk shows and hear their different opinions about current events, especially politics. That way im gettin biased opinions and I know it, as opossed to the news, and then I can develop my own ideas with all the infomation and not just peices.

Posted by: Ross at December 7, 2004 6:41 PM

I live for CNN, but I also rely on media, such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Every once in a while I check out BBC.com. All forms of media have biases, but it is up to viewers/readers/listerners to spot them.

Posted by: Anil Chandiramani at December 9, 2004 12:49 PM