« Values in the Work setting | Main | Intellectual Curiosity »

What is Unique About Me?

This is a hard question to answer because you can often sound arrogant or fear sounding arrogant, but it is important to realize it before you can decide what you want to do with your life. I believe that what is unique about me is my dream to be out in the world. I know a lot of people say that they want to travel and see the world, but I want to live everywhere and emmerse myself in every culture that I can. The feeling is more than just a daydream, it's so strong that even trying to imagine my life any differently makes me cringe and feel like it wouldn't be a life that I would want to live. I understand that everything may not work out as I plan it, and I have practically nothing planned out, and that life will take me to some unexpected places, but I feel like I have to try as hard as I can to get the life that I want anyway. I just know that I am unique in this respect because I haven't talked to anyone who has felt the same way that I have. Everyone tells me that they'd love to go and see the world, but then they'd settle down somewhere, or they would do it after they retire. I think about it as a way of life, like those crazy aunts/uncles in movies or tv who are the guest of the week who come and tell stories of their crazy adventures and then leave unexpectedly again. I don't want to make it sound like I don't want some of the traditional things in life, I do want to get married and have a family, but I feel like I am going to have to do it in an unconventional way for me to be happy with how my life turns out.