« Present General Life Goal #1 | Main | Present General Life Goal #3 »

Present General Life Goal #2

Appreciate the little things. It’s a seemingly-simple goal, but it’s proven to be more difficult than I originally imagined. The origins of this goal, as well as the experiences that brought it about, are bad days.
I don’t have many “bad days,? just bad moments, really. I’d like to say that I’ve never experienced a bad day, but I’m sure I have. The thing is, I just don’t really let bad days get to me. A day can’t be all-bad, start to finish, if I don’t allow it to be, so I don’t. I make bad days better and attempt to prevent good days from going all-bad by merely doing things I enjoy and stopping to think about why my day is going in the direction it’s going. Not to sound complacent, but I’m quite good at looking at things positively, always the optimist. Well, ok, not always, but a decent percent of the time. I’m just working on that leftover percent. And I’m doing this without going overboard by convincing myself that it’s bad to be, well, sad. There’s a time and a place to be flustered or upset enough to cry, it just isn’t a majority of time and places, that’s all.