« Balance Between Boredom and Stress | Main | Spiritual Self-Care »

One Way to Control Emotionally Well-Being

I am generally a balanced individual, emotionally/mentally speaking. I do have some stress, but nothing that is ever overboard. I have gone through some things in my life that have helped me reach this place of equilibrium. I have learned that a lot of what causes mental or emotional problems are simply the way in which we perceive the situations around us. I have learned that it is very important to feel like we have control over our emotions and what happens in our lives. One thing that can make life very difficult for us is if we see everything as happening to us instead of taking ownership or having some control over it. This view on life makes us the victim and makes us believe that everyone is out to hurt us. If you realize that you have control and that you have a say in what happens in your life you will have much healthier mental/emotional reactions to stressful situations. It is a well known fact that everyone wants to have control of their life and one of the easiest ways to do it is to take control of your emotions and how you perceive the world.