« One Way to Control Emotionally Well-Being | Main | Dealing with Frustration »

Spiritual Self-Care

Self-care is important in every way, but spiritual self care is one that I think most of us forget about. Every time a discussion of self-care the physical and emotional are the ones we think of first. Spiritual self-care usually makes people uncomfortable to talk about, although I know I think about it more than I might admit. It is the kind of topic that makes me uncomfortable to think about, especially since we are at that stage of life where we are starting to shed the beliefs that our parents gave us and are creating our own. It's really hard to realize that you don't have a solid set of beliefs like you had when you were a kid, but you still don't feel like you can keep those without questioning the reasoning behind them first. I know that many people actually keep their parents beliefs, but I know that I am going through a major transition period with my own beliefs and trying to figure out if what my parents brought me up to believe is what I'm going to hold on to for the rest of my life. I do believe, however, that as long as you are thinking about it, even if you aren't sure what you believe yet, it is taking care of yourself to keep thinking about it rather than pushing the thoughts away and pretending like that part of your life doesn't exist.