Problem solving

As long as I can remember I've been a pretty good problem solver. It didn't matter if it was math or just an any day situation, I would find the answer that was best for me and anyone with me. Everyone should be good at problem solving to an extent because you literally can't go through your day without running into something where you need to problem solve to get going in the right direction. Especially with me wanting to be a lawyer or business man, problem solving is a key factor in both jobs. For that matter, I would have to say that every job that you may work, you have to know how to come up with a solution that is going to get rid of the problem. I find problem solving to be easy and it just happens throughout my day and when I come across a bigger problem, I manage it the same way I do all the others. I think there are street smart problem solvers and that there are book smart solvers and that each of them needs to be used at different times. But it is best to have both and I'm glad that for the most part I have them.

Managing Time

Managing time is something that I have been not so good at in the past, but am making great strides at. I've always been bad at time management and I don't know why or when it actually started. I can say I've always realized that I wasn't the best with time or figuring out how long it would take me to get from point A to point B. But being in college has helped me change that aspect a little bit. I'm still up at all hours of the night, but just the fact that I plan to do that because that is what I've always done and it has worked for me. And when I do this I usually plan a nap during the day so I can stay up the whole time and don't lose it. This goes against the clock in my body though, I have messed with my body clock to the point where I can fall asleep anytime of the day and it will be for around 4 hours guarenteed. At least I know that when I'm doing this I'm planning on staying up late, so that is working for my time management.

Goal Setting

Goals are a great thing for everyone to set. It doesn't matter who you are or what there for, as long as your setting them, the chance of you achieving those goals is higher. I've been goal setting my whole life, it's kind of a habit I guess you could say. For the most part I'm a perfectionist when it comes to most things. I don't know, it's just something I do and am glad I picked up the habit. So then it is easier fro me to set goals and follow through with them. But, then again on the bad side I tend to be a procrastinator, which is bad for school work and being on time to almost anything unless I have an urge or excuse to be early. This side of me throws off some of the time restraints I have on my goals or just that i do it all at the last second, but still reach my goal. At college I have many goals for myself, they all are going to give me the best chance at being what ever I end up being, whether it's a lawyer, football player, or business man.

fulfilling my needs

My needs are a big thing in my life that I don't always get. It's really stupid, but I'm not always myself when my needs aren't met. But then again who is? Somethings that I need are a lot of sleep, good healthy food, exercise, some tv mix in, and hanging out with friends. I have others, but those are my main ones and wished they were all fulfilled or at least will all be sometime during my lifetime. I don't have much more to add about this topic.

Soccer Life

Up til' now our team has done pretty well. I think we started out like 6-0. It was an amazing feeling, but then we lost our first game, which was kind of a downer. I was really mad because the team wasn't any better than us. We ended up beating ourselves which is never good and you almost always never win playing like that. Now our record is 12-4-2. A lot better than the 3-15-2 record they had last year even though it was there first year of mens soccer. Today we lost to Presentation at there place 1-0. It wa really windy out and we had some injuries. I ended up making a mistake, which they got lucky off of and scored. I was really mad at myself for what happened, but I knew I couldn't dwell on it, so I was going to just have to move on. We hope to win the UMAC championship at the end of the season. GO COUGARS!!!

Career Possibilities

I have 2 career possibilities which include being a lawyer or some type of a business man. I've wantd to be a lawyer since middle school. I have no clue how it started, but I have a few uncles who are lawyers. I know they make a good amount of money and thats another reason. I've always liked to argue my side ever since I was really young. It was just something I did. Being a business man would be a fun job to because I would be around people and make a lot of money. I don't know exactly what type of business man, but just a money maker. That's what my job is going to have to entail if i work that job long.

Heroes

My heroes would consist of my mom, Adam Vinatieri, and Michael Jordan. I've always thought highly of Michael because I use to play basketball, but it's just amazing what he did and who he is. He has to put up with people all over him and he still manages to be a great person. Adam is one of my heroes because he is an amazing kicker and he did greta things after college. He went to a little college (SDSU) where he was the kicker and punter. After college he went to play football in Europe. The New England Patriots picked him up and he became one of the most clutch kickers of all time. He's won so many big games and even a couple Super Bowl winners. And my mom, she is an amazing woman who would do anything for anyone. She works really hard and doesn't complain. She's my biggest hero and I LOVE HER!!!

Dreams

Obviously everyone has dreams, but not everyone makes or tries to make them happen. Dreams that I used to have as a kid were to become a pro soccer player and live the extremely rich life. Now I know that I don't want to be a soccer player, rather I'd be a pro kicker in the NFL. I'd need to transfer to a D1 school and kick there tho. An honest dream of mine that I want to have come true is me making a lot of money with a job that I don't dread going to every morning. I want to travel the owrld with my family and experience many things that I didn't as a kid. I just want my family to live a good life without any financial wories and my kids to grow up and become good people. I want them to be role models as kids and do everything they want to do in there lives with no regrets.

Career Cards

Those career cards were really fun and interesting to look at. I haven't heard of half the careers that I saw, but some of them looked really interesting and even got me thinking about them. They told you many facts about each career, even though i didn't read what all of them had to say. I thought they were really helpful. I wish that we had these cards in high school so we would have came to college with a little bit more knowledge about other possible careers then I did. Even if you knew you wouldn't ever work that career, it was still interesting to read about certain jobs.

Meaningful Work

My job needs to have some meaning to me because if not I wont be working that job long unless it has excellent pay. I would love to have a great paying job that I just can't wait to go back to work, but honestly what are those chances. Almost every job has a downfall to it. Meaningful work to me means that I might not be having the funnest time, but I'm getting out of it what I want. Like for instance, I want to be a lawyer. I know that you can graduate from college with pretty much any degree and become a lawyer. I will get paid pretty well, but it's a stressful job with a lot of extra work involved. In the end for me meaningful = money!!

Working with Diverse kids

This past summer I worked with little 1st graders at a summer school. I was a para in a class with ESL kids. My main job was to keep one of the kids on task because he had a lot of energy and needed to be reminded. Many if not all of these kids parents slightly spoke or didn't speak Englsh. It was really fun working with them because at that age they all looked up to you as a role model and followed me around. Since they were in class trying to improve their English, it was sometimes tough just to say, " are you kidding me, we just did this four times." Teaching and working with kids from other backgrounds is something that is a good experience because you have to be patient, when they don't understand or help them out. It gives me a great amount of respect for people who work in those types of circumstances where there is a language barrier or it's hard to communicate for there real jobs.

Life Roles

There are many roles everyone lives during their life. Roles that I play are ; son, brother, cousin, grandson, friend, and roomate. All of the roles I play are extremely important to me because they are with people I care for. I'm invovled wit heveryones life and can make there day better or worse. Being a good son and brother is really important to me because everything I do makes people judge my family by how I act and the person I am. All of these roles are really easy for me because I try to be a good person everywhere I go and do things for people so it gives the my family a better reputation. I try to be the best cousin, grandson, friend, and roomate that I can. Like I said, what I do and who I hang out with gives everyone I'm connected with a little reputation. So I try and be the best overall person I can. I'm very glad my parents have a great deal in the way I act and how I play each role because they are good role models for me.

Being an Adult

Now that I'm 19 and considered an adult I've learned many things. Turning 18 isn't that special except for the fact your an adult and can get in more trouble doing things, not that I have, but people do. I look back at high school and all the drama that went along with it and am glad it's over. That can be 4 years you'll remember for the rest of your life or 4 years you want to forget completly because of all the immature kids. Being in college and living on your own with no one telling you what to do and when to do it makes you grow up real fast and is nice. College makes you find your priorites and manage your time wisely if you want to be successful. These are key things I've learned and worked on since being here. I'm really ready to graduate from college and get my life rolling. I can't wait to see what's ahead of me and what I'll end up doing.

Values & Interests in Life

There are many things that I value and care for in life. Many of those include having fun, being with friends and being able to be myself. I value my family, friends, God, education, and relationships. I care about them all because they matter to me and make me who I am. I've always been a family kid, when I was younger I saw my family a lot and my parents kind of edged that into who I am today. I Love my family and would do anything that I could for them. Even though getting older I haven't been around my family outside of my mom. day, and sisters as much as I did when I was younger, nothing changed. I value friends because they have a great deal to do with who you are and my friends are amazing people who I care for. I can always call a friend and do completly nothing with them and still have a lot of fun. Many memories are created with friends and even though you might not see them all the time, nothing changes. I believe in God and thats self explanitory. Education is something I value because it's what is going to get me a job and make me happy. Relationships are valued by me bacause they round you and you learn from everyone of them something new. Many things interest me ; sports, movies, law, working out, and food. Everday something new and exciting is noticed and I try to see myself doing it and make it an interest of mine.

my dream life

My dream houses would be located in minnesota, colorado, or california. Probably stay in minnesota for a while then move somewhere else, but my house will be a big elegant house. It will have a good amount of garage space for my top of the line cars, many bedrooms and bathrooms, nice granite top counters with nice kitchen equipment, wood floors in almost every room, a huge basement for whatever the kids want, a game room, big backyard and deck, and maybe even on or near a lake. My house will consist of many expensive pieces of furniture or equipment needed to fulfill my beautiful wifes needs along with mine. : )

Continue reading "my dream life" »