Comparison

Continue reading "Comparison" »

Technopoly

" The least movement is of imprtance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by one pebble."
Blaise Pascal

Continue reading "Technopoly" »

Mathematics in design

The use of a geometric figure has been used throughout time in multiple design. The geometric figure I am refering to is that of the triangle. The triangle itself has many mathematical principles applied to. All of its properties need to be understood to incorperate it into design.

Continue reading "Mathematics in design" »

Opposition

The Opposition I chose to discuss is one that fits into the category of many verses nature.

Continue reading "Opposition" »

Phenomena

Document a Phenomena that includes things, frameworks and clockworks.
The Phenomena I chose to document is that of the tides.

Continue reading "Phenomena" »

Genius Loci

From What I understand a Genius Loci is the spirit that a certain place holds at a certain time. The spirit can be alive only when it is hit by a certain light or when some element is just right. We were asked to document a place that had meaning and to find its Genius Loci.
For This entry I decided talk about the only thing here (In Minneapolis, and on campus) that reminds me of home! My Bed!

Continue reading "Genius Loci" »

Social Design Issue

My Definition: Something within the designed enviornment inwhich creates a social problem or issue.

Continue reading "Social Design Issue" »

Midtown Market

"We have become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams."
Jimmy Carter

Continue reading "Midtown Market" »