« Reading Discussions 7-8 | Main | I'm freeeee »

A Global Partnership for Development

Goal 8: A Global Partnership for Development

peace-in-tibet-kid-tingri.jpg

http://exposedplanet.com/images/peace-in-tibet-kid-tingri.jpg

• Develop further an open trading and financial system that is rule-based, predictable and non-discriminatory, includes a commitment to good governance, development and poverty reduction— nationally and internationally
• Address the least developed countries' special needs. This includes tariff- and quota-free access for their exports; enhanced debt relief for heavily indebted poor countries; cancellation of official bilateral debt; and more generous official development assistance for countries committed to poverty reduction
• Address the special needs of landlocked and small island developing States
• Deal comprehensively with developing countries' debt problems through national and international measures to make debt sustainable in the long term
• In cooperation with the developing countries, develop decentand productive work for youth
• In cooperation with pharmaceutical companies, provide access to affordable essential drugs in developing countries
• In cooperation with the private sector, make available the benefits of new technologies— especially information and communications technologies

If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don`t appreciate the moment until it's passed.
Kanye West

A lot of people think that Kanye West is just some arrogant rapper. He is probably the only one that could make the "you're acceptance speech should be done by now..." music stop (an act I thought to be brilliant). But really, look at this quote- he knows what's up. We are given this life, this existence. Don't mess it up by mistreating it...

827a9428-3bc9-41df-8c3b-b764da3c6f5c.jpeg
http://people.tribe.net/kachinakatrina/photos/827a9428-3bc9-41df-8c3b-b764da3c6f5c

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

Martin Luther King Jr.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968), "Strength to Love"

Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change.
Ramsay Clark

765897976l.jpg
http://www.friendster.com/photos/41134960/0/765897976

Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead, a better one.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

change.jpg
http://peoplesdesignaward.cooperhewitt.org/2007/images/nominations/change.jpg

Playlist:

i figured out how to embed a media player!!! however, as many of them are obscure and random, the website did not have everything i wanted. i'll keep trying to get them up...

1. First Breath After Coma- Explosions In The Sky [The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place] This song is purely instrumental. It makes me happy. This is what I listen to as I am walking through campus feeling pretty optimistic about life. Somehow, every time I listen to it, I notice things: the bike tracks in the snow, the sun reflecting on the trees, the way in which people walk. It makes you think.

2. Where Do The Children Play?- Cat Stevens [Footsteps In The Dark]
Society is changing and we have to make sure that it is in the best possible way, that our children still have somewhere to play.

3. When The Night Feels My Song- Bedouin Soundclash [Sounding a Mosaic]

Just a song of hope- hope for change, for better days.

4. What I'm Fighting For - Matisyahu [Youth]
"What I'm fighting for is a chance to unite the past."

5. Section 11 (We Sound Amazed)- The Polyphonic Spree [Together We're Heavy]
"Take the time to find the world another way" Let's find another solution. Look at things in a different way.

6. I Like Giants- Kimya Dawson [Remember That I Love You]

7. Everyone's A V.I.P. To Someone- The Go! Team [Thunder, Lightning, Strike]
The song title says it all, we all matter.

8. Carry You- Dispatch [Who Are We Living For?]

9. Honor And Harmony- G. Love & Special Sauce [Thicker Than Water Soundtrack]

10. Ballad Of Paul And Sheila- Mason Jennings [Use Your Voice]
I think a big part of uniting and developing is looking up to the idealists that have come before us. Look at what they have started, and strive to finish what they began. Mason Jennings sings, "Hey senator, I'm gonna do, everything I can to live my life more like you did..." Paul Wellstone was a man with high aspirations. We can look at his legacy as inspiration for making this life better.

11. Purpose- Cloud Cult [The Meaning Of 8]

"There must be healing here, cause everybody here has been damaged." We all know pain, we all have purpose. Let's use that for something great.

12. Gunship Politico- State Radio [Us Against The Crown]

13. We Are One- The Matches [A Band In Hope]
Okay, I'm not going to lie, this album isn't out yet, so unless you search for it, you probably won't be able to hear it. But these lyrics have great meaning; in the background, they chant, "if you're not the change you want to see, who will be?" The chorus goes, "When we are loud, we are one, when we are one, we are more." We can do so much more working together.

14. Always Love- Nada Surf [The Weight Is A Gift]
"Hate will get you every time."

15. Heard the World- O.A.R. [Stories Of A Stranger]