« A Global Partnership for Development | Main | Reading Discussions 9-10 »

I'm freeeee

"If you were completely released from the constraints of the 'architecture school' program, what would you do architecturally, artistically, bodily, lyrically, etc that would still have an impact on your environment. Describe a real or imagined place which might allow you to do this. Explore through images and text."

There are so many paths my life could take without architecture school.

I think I am interested in too much for my own good. But what I would do would have to do with something that makes me really happy. What makes me really happy?

1. Coloring with my set of 50 crayola markers (12 of which are "silly scented"- the best invention ever).

2. Finding new music. Listening obsessively.

3. Making music (yes, I am in a "band" called the Raindeer Bot Clothing Exchange. Basically, my friend and I mess around with garage band with a mix of joke songs and some pretty cool covers. My friend at Reed College is going to play us on his radio show!!! HA I find it hilarious that my voice will be on the radio ever, as I am not a singer by any means.)
rbce.jpg

4. Going to concerts. This is NOT wasting my money, I swear... There is something spiritual about live music.
IMG_1074.JPG

5. Taking photos/ figuring out how to work my camera.
IMG_0660.JPG

6. Kids. In small doses.

7. Eating. Mostly ethnic food. My brother-in-law is Sri Lankan. He is also an excellent cook. I am obsessed.

8. Being outside. Walking. Watching the leaves change. Staring at the river. Camping. Being sustainable.
n571035224_368830_9125.jpg

9. Organizing. When I was young, I did not play with my toys, I organized them. By size, color, whatever. There is nothing more relaxing to me.

10. Dancing. I suck. It does not stop me.
IMG_0945.JPG

Okaaaaaay. That is my top 10. It doesn't answer much, but hopefully it will help me determine what I would do with my life sin escuela. I want to be passionate about whatever I do. I could be passionate about any of these things.

My mom often asks me if I want to change my major to something in music- music production or business (which I find really funny because my friend just dropped out of school and is going to McNally Smith for just that, very much against his parent's will). I don't think I would like it though. But I do think that music is in my future. But in what way?

Maybe I could plan music events. Or design venues. Or a music camp for kids. What if I turned this all into one? Ambitious, but I can do whatever I want, right? I could create a sustainable, interactive venue for people to come listen to music, dance, eat, and learn about music.

I am kind of obsessed with lyrics, so I would probably design the venue with snippets of song lyrics running along all of the walls. I think it would be cool to have the artists write some of their favorite lyrics as they play in the venue. Along with their lyrics, they could add their favorite photo or piece of art. Eventually, the walls would be covered in all kinds of unique art work. Maybe this could be a gallery as well... the possibilities are endless.

Come to think of it, i really would like to design music venues, regardless of if I am free from architecture school or not. Think of all of the perks...

Thanks very good for report, I follow your blog. this is a great article!