Last time I wrote we had a review with Roger Wegner (a Senior Project Manager at CPPM) about the guidelines I had been working on since February. After that meeting, I suddenly had a new appreciation for my four years spent in architectural education.
Basically what happened at this meeting was that we re-scoped the aim of the document to be more broad than the guidelines I had spent the past few weeks researching and compiling. I could have easily been frustrated that I basically had to start over with a different format and broader scope of information, but thanks to architecture I've come to appreciate the process. That is, working hard on something that will probably not be used as my final product, but appreciating the process in helping me to get to my end goal. I didn't expect that to play into my project here, but it definitely did!
So, after reformatting and writing the guidelines, we had another review with Roger and Jim, and this one was much less edit-intensive. There were a few changes put in that I finished today, and now it's going to be sent out to other people that would be able to give input before it is finalized.
I am currently working on my poster for April 30, and I am going to look at adding some of the elements of my first draft of the guidelines into other documents that CPPM has for sustainable building.
I also hope to get a chance to meet with Jim, the University Architect, for an informational interview, as well as some other people that work for Capital Planning, in the next couple of weeks.