Does MoreU Park Really Make Sense?
"Raise that tuition, dig that gravel, buy that Coke, sell that soul..."
Latest from SpamU:
The Vision for UMore Park
View Concept Scenarios, Offer Comments at June Campus Forums
Two upcoming campus forums will provide opportunities for University faculty, staff and students to learn more about the University of Minnesota Outreach, Research and Education (UMore) Park and Vermillion Highlands, and view concept planning scenarios. Your suggestions can help to shape the future of the properties and create opportunities for research and learning experiences. Attend a campus forum and open house or participate live via UMConnect. Please see the event flyer for additional information. RSVP at www.umorepark.umn.edu or by calling 612-626-3798.
* Minneapolis Campus: Monday, June 16, 9:30 a.m. at Coffman Memorial Union, Campus Club, Rooms A, B & C
* St. Paul Campus: Tuesday, June 17, 12:00 noon at the Student Center, North Star Ballroom
* Public Community Forums: Thursday, June 19 and Monday, June 23 at the Rosemount Community Center
Participate in the campus forums live online via UMConnect by going to https://umconnect.umn.edu/umorepark/.
* Watch the forum presentation, including PowerPoint, through a webcast.
* Submit questions via a moderator during the Q&A (additional UMConnect information will be available at www.umorepark.umn.edu).
Other ways to be involved:
* View the concept scenarios for the properties and provide feedback at www.umorepark.umn.edu after June 12.
* Comment on UMore Park or Vermillion Highlands anytime at www.umorepark.umn.edu/comments.
Excuse me sir, should we be doing this right now? Does it make a whole lot of sense considering the price of gasoline and other financial problems? Maybe we should just sell the gravel and forget about the rest of this?
And the summer is a great time to discuss this! No one is here, it can be claimed that the constituencies have been consulted, and we can get on with yet another administration-sponsored boondoggle.