« Potential Problem For Campus Wide Smoking Ban? | Main | It's the People, Stupid... »

Executive Vice Dean Named For Medical School

From a blanket E-mail of Dr. Frank Cerra:

I'm pleased to announce that Mark S. Paller, M.D., M.S., will serve in the role of Executive Vice Dean in the Medical School beginning July 1, 2009.

Mark Paller has a strong history of leadership within both the Medical School and Academic Health Center during his 27 years with the University of Minnesota.

I have worked closely with Mark over the past decade and greatly value his ability to develop simple, focused solutions to complex problems. Throughout our tenure together at the University, Mark and I frequently have had spirited discussions and debate about direction, decisions, or process. I have always respected his keen insight and dedication to supporting the core missions of the Medical School and University. I can't imagine anyone more qualified to serve the Medical School at this time in its history.

Frank B. Cerra, M.D.
Senior Vice President for Health Sciences
McKnight Presidential Leadership Chair

This appointment is telling. As was the appointment of Dr. Furcht to be co-chair of the conflict of interest committee.