« This Is Obscene - Medtronic Paid the Surgeon Accused Of Falsifying Study Nearly $800,000 | Main | Serious Mistakes at the U Have Long Term Consequences »

Dave Durenberger on Money-Changer Takeover of Hospitals

From Dave's Newsletter - June 18, 2009

"Just in the last week I've seen three signs of the post-bail-out economy. All in hospitals. President Obama suggests the Congress will find ways to expand public access to healthcare in changing Medicare payments to hospitals. He suggests they might get moving on productivity, a word poorly understood in the industry. Speaking at an event for Minnesota pediatricians, I suggested that the $500 million of our money the Twin Cities hospital industry is investing in three new children's hospitals might have been better spent on improving the health of moms and kids."

"A physician being honored for 35 years as the father of innovative neonatology (and saving lives of preemies) says pediatricians were in unanimous agreement with me on this before the money-changers at the hospitals decided otherwise."