« Alcohol Policy in the New Gopher Stadium - Let's keep our priorities in mind... | Main | Org Chart Madness or, How To Streamline Administraton »

Frankly speaking...

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

"One of the questions I continue to hear involves the roles and responsibilities of the Dean in contrast to that of the new Executive Vice Dean. Underlying the question, there appears to be a concern that the Medical School deserves the attention of a full-time Dean." Frank Cerra

"I think people will think what they want to think." Frank Cerra

Dr. Cerra has recently sent a blanket email:

Dear colleagues,

There is quite a bit of activity taking place in the Dean's office this morning, as computers are logging in to new servers, and we test the phone systems. As with the beginning phases of any new administration, we are working through the logistics of new protocols of scheduling regular meetings for Medical School leadership.

Beginning today, I will be spending half of my time here on the 6th floor of the Mayo Memorial Building, just down the hall from Executive Vice Dean Mark Paller's office. You will find me here on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, and in the morning on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Angie Menzel will be managing my calendar and appointments as Dean, so please contact her at menzel@umn.edu for meeting requests.

And so it goes.