« On Tuition: Do you trust the Dean of CLA or the Provost? | Main | Weekly News From Lake Wobegon U. »

Cutting Back on Blogging...

71970.strip.sunday.gif

Actually, I've not lost hope, at all.

I think that the current financial situation at the U is going to force a serious re-evaluation of our mission, values, and priorities. The only fear I have is that the ambitious aspirations of our administration will continue unchecked because of a lack of inclusion and true consultation of students, faculty, and staff.

I will be going on sabbatical/research leave to Brandeis University in Boston from 1/1/10 until 6/1/11. In the next two months I have much to do to prepare for this move, so I am cutting back to posting only on Sundays. This will probably continue while I'm gone.

I wish the University nothing but the best. Honest dissent from the party line of the Morrill Hall crowd is part of my responsibility as a Minnesota citizen, and university alum/faculty member.

The Morrill Hall crowd should look on the face of Northrop every day to remind themselves:

The University of Minnesota

Founded in the Faith that Men are Enobled by Understanding

Dedicated to the Advancement of Learning and the Search for Truth

Devoted to the Instruction of Youth and the Welfare of the State

This used to be quite easy. But now the front door of Morrill Hall is locked and only the side and back doors are accessible.

This is symbolic of what has been going on in Morrill Hall lately.