« How Others See Us... (more TERI consequences) | Main | Why can't U grads finish on time? »

Does this include you, President Bruininks?

from MPR: U of M, MnSCU plan tuition hikes to cope with state budget deficit

"But it's not going to be easy for us," Bruininks said. "We're going to have to ask all of the people who work here at the University of Minnesota to share in the sacrifice. We're going to have to defer a number of investments that we think are important. We're going to have to work with even more diligence to reduce the costs."

What would these investments be? UMore Park? The Northrup renovation for our cultural czar? Unnecessary biomedical research expansion? What exactly are you talking about when you say "defer a number of investments"?

Say the magic words after me: "I'm going to take a 20% salary cut and all of the other folks making +$250 K are going to take a 10% cut." Show us you are really serious about shared sacrifice. Or is this, as usual, a case of do as I say, rather than do as I do?

For a few previous posts on this matter, please see:

One of these folks is not like the other...

or

President Bruininks gives another non-answer to salary cut question...

One way or the other, President Bruininks, the jig is just about up. Do you want to go out carrying your shield - or on it? Figuratively speaking, of course.