« UTube Response to President Bruininks on Faculty Salary Reduction | Main | Stand and Deliver »

The True Priorities of Our Leader

From the Pioneer Planet:

It's important to Smith that his team has a practice facility.

"We're also working on a basketball practice facility," Bruinicks [sic] said. "We've authorized through the Board of Regents the schematic design, which is the first step, and some really good work has been done."

"I think coach (Tim) Brewster has hired a great offensive coordinator in Jeff Horton," he said. "He's got a lot of experience as a head coach as well as a coordinator.
I feel we've got stability in the coaching corps right now. "(Brewster) is bringing 20-some players off a redshirt season, which should be a strength.

"We play a tough, competitive schedule, which in some ways is tougher than last year."

"Coach Lucia, in my judgment, is one of the best college hockey coaches in the United States and in the world."

I understand the practice facility is going to cost $36 million.

Mr. President, you should be ashamed of yourself.