Baby One More Time- Britney Spears

The hit song "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears has played a very important role in the development of our generation, and our society as a whole. Britney showed little girls in the late 90's that it is okay to wear less, and they definitely carried that idea with them once they reached puberty. Nowadays, girls are wearing tighter clothes and less of it. I am certain that there are plenty of older adults opposed to this idea who want to stick to the conservative social values that they grew up with. The older generations are probably just threatened by change. I, along with all of my friends, do not have an issue with this cultural phenomenon. As a matter of fact, we probably have the opposite of an issue with women wearing less clothing. What can I say? Guys love short shorts and yoga pants.

Another influence that Britney Spears' song has had on society is females' increased sexuality. In the music video, she was dancing very provocatively while having a lot of her skin exposed. Once again, I personally feel that this has taken a positive impact on my life to a certain extent as well. I have never complained when a girl wanted to show me how sexual she can be, if you know what I'm saying. There is a certain point where the line on sexuality has to be drawn though. It is socially acceptable for a girl to be sexually active before marriage in the United States, but it is not okay for a girl to get carnal with every guy she meets... especially if it is several in the same night. In conclusion, I will leave y'all with a little food for thought. It's okay for girls to have fun, but don't be "That Girl" because the plain and simple truth is that nobody respects a slut.