Music videos, who cares?

I think it's interesting that, although there is no music video for the song "Fuck the Police" we watched a fan-made one anyway. Personally, I have never been a fan of the music video as a genre, so I find it interesting first that somebody would go out of their way to make a music video for a song that doesn't have one. So, you're probably wondering why I don't like music videos. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to wonder, and I'll tell you why. I have synesthesia, a brain condition in whic various senses are connected. So for me, letters, numbers, and sounds have inherent colors and emotions. If that doesn't make sense to you right away I suggest you look it up or ask me, because I don't really have the space to get into the nitty-gritty of it here. But the relevant point is that when I hear music I see shapes and colors along with it. In my experience, these are ALWAYS more interesting than any stupid video that somebody came up with to accompany music. When the music isn't especially good to begin with, it bothers me but I can deal with it. But when the music is transcendent it is, in my mind, a travesty to violate it by adding some arbitrary video. I understand intellectually, of course, that most people do not experience music the way I do. But even so, I don't think that I will truly understand the compulsion to put irrelevant pictures to music.