Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

As a true American, I strongly believe in the Constitution of the United States. I respect Nirvana's right to dress and act howsoever they choose. But as an individual, I completely disagree with the band's ideology and style in their music video "Smells Like Teen Spirit." While Nirvana's music is actually quite good, their fashion and appearance leave something to be desired. They made the grunge look wildly popular during their rise to fame. The grunge look is extremely dark and requires very little effort. Many of those who followed it wore loose fitting shirts and jeans that were very distressed. Grunge followers also tended to have disheveled hair, not to mention the general dirtiness that they carried about them. I truly do not understand why any individual would want to look like that. I mean I am all for dressing comfortably, but this can be done tastefully. Heck, during high school I rocked sweatpants and a hoodie for an entire week, but I was still clean and sanitary. Dressing like a dirt squirrel just screams, "I don't care if I'm successful in life." There is no way that anyone could go into an important job interview dressed in grunge attire and actually be able to get a job. Having a good first impression is huge in the interviewing process. What will the employer think if somebody comes in with flannel, jeans, and messy hair? Their chances of getting the job seem pretty doubtful. Grungy people are well within their rights as Americans to dress however they choose, but hat does not mean that I have to like it. On a personal level, I can say with one hundred percent certainty that my kids will not dress in the grunge style. There is absolutely nothing wrong with following the norms of society if it will lead to success.