« Embed and Youtube are fixed and up! | Main | Password protection and privacy rights »

Youtube support was down

Last week there was an issue with youtube videos working. Originally I was using the link to the physical video file on their server. They don't like that happening for great reason, but it was the best solution for VideoANT since it relies so heavily on a custom timeline. Could you imagine having to use youtubes timeline for adding markers?

When they blocked the most recent method I was using to derive their video link I decided to further investigate their open API project and it turns out that they have finally released a chromeless version of their player sans any of their video controls. This is perfect for VideoANT because having multiple timelines would be confusing to users. I spent last week implementing their approved methods for supporting youtube video links so it should no longer randomly stop working. If anyone uses this updated version with youtube content and finds any errors or issues, please let me know!