May 7th

Continue reading "May 7th" »

Presentation Response

Continue reading "Presentation Response" »

Presentation Response

(Goal 8)

I am primarily interested in responding to this group’s presentation because they also chose the same goal that we did.

April 21 - Service Learning

This week was pretty low key. A pair from St. Paul District Energy came by for a little presentation for the class followed by a game for them to play afterwards.

Continue reading "April 21 - Service Learning" »

Service Learning account for April 16

This week was really fun and interesting.

Continue reading "Service Learning account for April 16" »

Week 3

This is the account for Monday, March 3.

Continue reading "Week 3" »

Week 2

Without a doubt this category has suffered neglect.

Continue reading "Week 2" »

MDG Title Pages (3 Designs)

Click here for exciting "WOOHOO" action!

Continue reading "MDG Title Pages (3 Designs)" »

It's DD time for our MDGs

At this point it is safe to say that much our combined effort to MDG 8 has been limited to amassing information so that we can try to make sense of this massive goal. Having begun to reach a point in which we are starting to recognize key factors and relationships I think our story can reach towards integrating fundamental imagery that really captures what cannot be conveyed properly with words. (talk about putting the pressure on image content!)

Continue reading "It's DD time for our MDGs" »

Clockwork(s) orange

Explore through image and text how the built environment affects (supports or detracts) who you are. Speculate in terms of frameworks, clockworks, phenomena and oppositions.

Right now, the combination of the built environment that surrounds my daily life along with the environment that I’ve created for myself is extremely supportive of who I am and what I want to achieve.

Continue reading "Clockwork(s) orange" »

Man-world Shackles & Vagabonds

"If you were completely released from the constraints of the 'architecture school' program, what would you do architecturally, artistically, bodily, lyrically, etc that would still have an impact on your environment. Describe a real or imagined place which might allow you to do this. Explore through images and text."

“What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.? - Jack Kerouac

Continue reading "Man-world Shackles & Vagabonds" »

Millennium Development Goals...It's not, like, a big deal right!?

Millennium Goal number 8
We’re talking about Developing a Global Partnership for Development.
The reason this goal resonates well with me is because I believe a global foundation needs to be set so that all further work can be done on stable ground. We’ve become a community intertwined within one another, no matter the apparent distance...

Continue reading "Millennium Development Goals...It's not, like, a big deal right!?" »

Week 1

Continue reading "Week 1" »

Advertised to death?...Or life

The thought, time, energy, and monies that are put into advertising efforts can reach almost unfathomable proportions and it's done for one reason; because it works. Americans currently are hit with anywhere from 600 to 3000 types of advertising per day and increasingly grows the number of ads that are deliberately deceptive.

Continue reading "Advertised to death?...Or life" »

What lies beneath, comes forth

It’s nearly impossible for me to think about Minneapolis in terms of Energy+Flow+Transformation without connecting it to the Mississippi and more specifically, the St. Anthony Falls. When I look out from old St. Anthony across to Minneapolis, it’s the old mills that stand out as an excellent example of this cyclical notion.

Continue reading "What lies beneath, comes forth" »