Finding my way...

It’s hard to believe that my first semester of college is already half over. At times, it’s been completely stressful and utterly exhausting, like I’m drowning in a mixture of emotions - uncertainty and frustration swirling all around me. And other times, I feel strangely under control, accepting of the person I am and optimistic about the future I see for myself. In many ways, college is what I’ve always thought it would be - an opportunity to develop my independence and meet some amazing new people while partaking in some crazy adventures. In other ways, my first few months in college have definitely provided me with a much needed reality check. I’m still slightly shocked by the amount of work I must put in to receive even a decent score on an exam, and I know it’s not going to get any easier. It’s a constant struggle trying to balance work and play while devoting time to pursue my goals and dreams.
I’ve realized these past few months that I need a bit of time to myself everyday. This is not only good for maintaining my sanity, but it’s also a great way to reflect on what I’ve done and what I still desire to do. I just sit and listen to some calming music and take the time to dream. I try to keep in mind that I have places I want to go, things I want to do and accomplish and experience in life. In the jumble of everyday stresses, I tend to lose track of that sometimes. Life is hard right now, but I’m hopeful I’ll find my way in the end.