New Year, New Semester

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us."
-Hal Borland

First, off Happy New Year! The beginning of a new year is always marked with reflecting on the past year and dreaming about the year to come. For me, there has been a lot to reflect on.

2010 marked several big milestones in my life. I graduated from college and started medical school. Both of these events have put me closer towards my goal of becoming a doctor and both of these events have been met with much excitement and some fear. In particular, medical school has been quite the adventure so far. I have learned so much already in a few short weeks and know that there is much ahead in terms of learning.

Besides learning from textbooks and from classes, I feel like I have learned more about myself. Learned what I am capable of, learned my strengths, learned my weaknesses, and learned what I need to work on. Thus, with the new semester starting in just two days, I have made some resolutions for myself:

1) Exercise more (with the rec center just minutes away...there is no excuse not too)
2) Eat more (and better) (candy and energy drinks are not the best study foods)
3) Sleep more (4 hours a night is not optimal)

One of the things I realized that I needed to do was to take better care of myself. School is demanding in terms of energy and time, so it is important to be physically and mentally fit to be able to handle the rigors of school. Thus, with the new year ahead, I have made a resolution to take better care of myself so I can be better prepared for what lies ahead!