« A request for those on 3rd floor at night... | Main | Did you know? »

Circulation Desk Worker Training Checklist

checklist.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a checklist of all of the basic functions performed by the Circulation Desk staff with the intention of using this information to assist in training new students and also as a way for new students to be able to track their own training progress.

Take a look at the following list and try to think of any other tasks, responsibilities or other information that new hires ought to know. Post your ideas as a comment, or at the very least, your initials so that I know you've read this.

Please speak up - you're such valuable resources and come up with such creative ideas!!

***Updated***Circulation Desk Worker Checklist

Thanks,
Emily

Does Document Delivery under the copy services include scan and send, phodels, and photocopy requests?

Also... Customer Service could include a map tour of the buildings around us. We get questions about that all the time and I remember that it took me awhile to figure out which buildings were where...

~TLC

And maybe a tour of storage items such as paper room, toner, receipt tape and ribbons, etc.

~TLC

Good suggestions, TLC!

--David

For under Copy Services, be more specific and add colored copier too. Also I thought of the microfiche machine.

-- AJB

explain recalls, ill requests, locate and notifies, friends of the library, what to do with books that go on hold, and checking out unbound journals

-A.S.

Under circulation, what about new patron and books without barcodes?

-LTN

WCB

KMP

nmc

PH

PH

BP