The popular public health literature database "Global Health" from CABI Publishing is now available to U of M users. The University Libraries have begun a subscription to CAB Direct (aka CAB Abstracts), a multi-disciplinary agriculture, biology, and environmental science literature database. All citations indexed in "Global Health" are part of the CAB Direct database. Within CAB Direct, search within the "Human Health: Public Health" and/or "Animal Sciences: Public Health" subject subsets. These subsets can be selected on the main search page, on the left side of the page.
From the CABI Publishing description of Global Health:
"Global Health is the definitive international public health database for academics, researchers, NGOs, policy makers, clinicians, healthcare professionals and students."
"This bibliographic database is well placed to fill many of the gaps in your existing human health research resources. It can provide you with:
* Over 900,000 records, 95% of which contain informative abstracts
* 50,000 records selected, abstracted and classified by subject specialists every year
* Information from more than 3500 serials, books, book chapters, conference proceedings, patents, theses, electronic only publications and other difficult-to-obtain sources from more than 125 countries
* Global coverage of both the developing and developed world with over 50 languages translated into English
* Information of which 40% is unique to Global Health"