Thoughts after reading and discussing the 2003 national tech plan.
1. How many people will take the time to read and study such a large document.
2. The use of â€œall students willâ€? in each goal makes them sound is unrealistic.
3. I question if the amount of time, effort and money expended to create such a document is worth it.
4. Are state and district plans at all related to the national plan?
Thoughts after reading and discussing the
1. Most states have a considerable amount of work to do to implement technology into the daily curriculum.
2. Many teachers are uncomfortable with technology
3. Teacher technical expertise is a major stumbling block to implementing technology into the daily curriculum.
4. Technology is seen as cure all for many student achievement issues
Tech plan are a good idea but seem to be stand-alone documents unrelated to curriculum.