« Quote of the Week | Main | Boilermaker »

The Good and the Bad

Designated driving and those annoying drunks.

Well folks, I've done it again. Being a designated driver is a great thing. You stop you friends from driving home drunk, they arrive safe, and more importantly you arrive safe. Again, being a designated driver is a good thing. That is the good section, now to the bad. There is nothing worse than being the only sober person among those inebriated friends of yours. It is amazing to see how dumb people act when they are drunk and the stupid things they say. Most recently, I was hosting a party and I chose to remain alcohol free for the evening. It wasn't a mistake, but how annoying. The best way to get through an evening like that seems to be described as the old saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do." (Not the drinking, but having the fun). That’s all I have for the Good and the Bad this week. Stay tuned for more adventures and comment if you wish.

Posted by bloc0103 at December 7, 2004 3:24 PM | The Good and The Bad

Seeing how stupidly people act/talk when they're drunk is probably a good thing, rather than a bad--an enlightening side-beneift to the Designated Driver role.

And such must be the life of a bartender--at least one who wants to keep his job.

Posted by: Tim G. at December 13, 2004 8:22 AM