Trayvon Martin Shooter to be Freed on Bond

George Zimmerman, the man accused of shooting and killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, was granted bail by a Florida judge Friday.

Zimmerman's bond was set at $150,000, and his release could occur as soon as the middle of next week. Zimmerman will have to wear an ankle monitor given his release, reported MSNBC.

Among the restrictions Zimmerman will face on bail are no drinking, no possession of firearms, no contact with the Martin family, and 7 PM to 6 AM curfew.

At his hearing, Zimmerman apologized to the Martin family, saying, "I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not."

Trayvon's parents called Zimmerman's first attempt at reaching out to them "insincere and self-serving."

Zimmerman, 28, maintains that he shot Trayvon Martin, 17, in self-defense, reported USA Today. Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, asked that Zimmerman be able to leave the area while he is on bail due to safety concerns.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester was assigned to the case, replacing judges before him who claimed conflict of interest impaired their ability to tend to the case.