Leadership Definition: Week 3

My definition of leadership will pretty much stay the same except for one factor. Trust. In a reading for this week trust is mentioned and it sparked my mind. This summer I went to a seminar by Dave Horsager who is convinced that trust is crucial. He discussed how trust plays a vital role in leadership. I believe that to obtain leadership skills, one must contain trustworthy qualities. A leader cannot lead without being trusted by the group which he/she is leading. Another trait I picked up from the readings is motivation. I believe that all the great leaders are able to motivate their piers. Every one from basketball coaches like John Wooden to evil dictators like Hitler, were able to motivate people to do what they think is right. I still believe that leaders are powerful. I also still think that someone who obtains great leadership abilities will be able to influence a group into making a decision.