CollegeClub | Main | WEBSITE ANALYSIS

The onion

You come back into your room after a long day of classes, you get on your computer and check the news. Within seconds your chuckling and your mood has improved. You might be thinking: Wait a minute, who laughs at the news? If your thinking this you've obvoiusly never visited www.theonion.com. Only that website can pull this off.

Thats what this site is all about providing news in a light-hearted manner. It gives you stories that are just so ridiculous you can't help but at least chuckle a bit. It's like a normal news website except all the stories are made up or at least alter a bit to add humor. This site is for anyone who needs or wants the news with a cup of humor. The main focus goes out to young adults or college students because they tend to be the most excepting of these comical articials. Its recommend for people over eighteen years of age. Thats not because its full of profanity or dirty stories. It's because some of the stories require a little thinking. But take it from me, it can be enjoyed at a younger age. I've been reading it since i was sixteen and loving every minute of it.

Theonion.com has every category you would expect to find on a normal news site: Local, National, International, Sports, Business, etc. They take some shots at celeberities and political figures in there writing, but nothing extreme. They have opinion columns and horoscopes. Anything you can imagine involving news they have.

The Onion website is a great place to visit when your bored or your just in need of a good laugh. It's projected at everyone, but especially college students. I suggest you grab an issue of it every chance you get. YOu can find it all over campus. If you can't do that at least visit the website www.theonion.com. I guarentee one of the articles will give you a laugh.

Posted by bergm148 at October 11, 2005 6:30 PM | Website Analysis