« The onion | Main | testing 1,2, 3 »

WEBSITE ANALYSIS

Ehow.com

Written By Caitlin Connelly

It is not rare that a person knows their computer like the back of their hand, yet cannot give that hand a manicure because they don’t know how. For those people there is hope in the form of a website, Ehow.com. Ehow.com is the most practical website for people who need clear, step-by-step instructions to accomplish almost anything dealing with everyday life. The site is devoted to those who are tech savvy but not home savvy. Ehow.com explains it all, from hanging curtains to changing the oil to “what should I get Grandpa for Christmas?”

The site is simply laid out for convenient use. Fourteen categories are placed neatly on the home page of Ehow.com and within them are more subcategories to further refine any search (though one can start off by using the ‘search’ tool right away).

Once the topic of choice has been found, there are literally a number of steps to go about in order to fix or avoid a problem. For instance, under the heading “How to Avoid Common Traffic Tickets Other Than Speeding,” the web page gives a short introduction to the subject matter and goes straight into the instructions. Step 1 to avoiding traffic tickets: “Come to a complete stop at a stop sign and where a right turn is allowed at a red light. Drivers making rolling, “California” stops are easy prey.” As shown, the information is forward and helpful.

Along with explanations to fix many problems, Ehow.com also gives the viewer a list of related Ehow.com subjects, related websites, extra tips from other Ehow.com users, and even a "project details" box which rates the skills needed to accomplish the task (i.e. easy).

With Ehow.com one can find the solution to whatever problem they encounter in their daily life. The site name is easy to remember, it is on the internet for quick access, and is trouble-free to use. Ehow.com truly is the best do-it-yourself workshop on the web.

Ehow.com

Posted by conne129 at October 11, 2005 8:38 PM | Website Analysis

This is such a cool website... it's very helpful and super easy to use! I never realized this website even existed. I just looked up "how to tie a tie." I wonder if every subject in the world is covered in the site...

Posted by: Katelyn at October 16, 2005 5:39 PM

Posted by: Katelyn at October 16, 2005 5:40 PM