Category "Website Analysis"

Forrester Research Technology

s is my website analysis

I analyzed the website Forrester Research Technology research and advice .

This site was clearly directed toward smaller businesses that are in need of assistance and information regarding to their business practices.

It appeals to these companies by allowing them access tio lots of information about other businesses, some of which that could help them with their own small business.

It also appeals to them by the way it looks. it is a nice green color scheme, not very flashy, just looks professional.

This site intends to help small businesses model their business practice after the decisions of others, making informed decisions and hopefully doing better in the market because of it.

Posted by brow1759 at 4:30 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

Ebaums World

The website ebaumsworld.com is one of the funniest websites I have ever seen. It has stuff that can make anyone laugh. It has clean humor for people who don't like dirty or vulgar stuff and it has everything else for everyone else. It has flash animations, jokes, videos, pictures, games, etc.. It is updated every week so once you've seen it all there will be more to come. I'll admit some of the stuff is kinda of gross but most of it is just hilarious. They have stuff that is just really funny and other things that are just really messed up and interesting to look at. So it is a good site to check out if your looking for a good laugh.

Posted by flem0142 at 10:28 AM | Website Analysis

---

I also enjoy ebaum's world,

Have you seen the seizure test? It's offensive and hillarious.

Posted by: kevin at October 21, 2005 4:07 PM

I have been to ebaums world and my personal favorite is the aicha video. If you have not seen it I would recommend watching it if you have some free time.

Posted by: Nicole Albrecht at October 25, 2005 7:52 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

Website Analysis of AeroForceOne

Are you an Aerosmith fan?

Aerosmith is by far my favorite band and I just so happen to be a member of their fan club, Aero Force One.

On their website, you can learn all about the band and their albums. It has a biography of each band member with a ton of information. It also has a section on each album they have produced. If you are interested in recent Aerosmith news, it has a news page you can visit or you can sign up for their email list and they sent you updates on tours and other news. Aerosmith has a large list of cities they are touring this year and you can find them all in the tour section. The tour section also gives the venues and status on ticket sales. If you are an AeroForceOne member, you can get tickets in advance and better seating. This is good information to know if you are planning on attending the concert here in Minneapolis at the Target Center. You can discuss concerts or recent news with other Aerosmith fans in the forum. If you are low on Aerosmith gear, then you can get everything you need at the AF1 Store! They have everything from jewelry to music to clothing. Well i hope you visit this site because it is a great place to learn more about my favorite band, Aerosmith, and get in contact with other Aerosmith lovers.

Posted by odon0087 at 8:48 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

The State Of Hockey

Minnesota wild hockey is up and going again! This site is for anyone who is interested in the sport of hockey. To visit here is the link to the site Wild Hockey.

Their home page is set up very well. It is fairly easy to get around the site because at the top of the page they have categories where when you move your cursor over them it shows what options you have under that topic. For instance when you want to go look to see if you can buy any tickets for upcoming games you would move your cursor over the tickets category and then you have options like: season tickets, club seats, event suites, executive suites, group tickets, on the glass, and single game. The site is set it up so easy that once you know what you are looking for you will find it in a matter of minutes. In my opinion I would say this site is set up for fans of all ages as long as you know how to use a computer you are in good shape. I also enjoy the look of this page because it gives you a look at their logo and some of the players. I think the coolest thing on the site though is the flag because it is the flag for The State Of Hockey.

On the home page there is many different choices to make. When on the home page they have the most recent articles on the most recent played games and sometimes, like now, the site has interviews that you can watch and read up on, right now they have an interview with Tom Kurvers, the Director of Player Personnel for the Phoenix Coyotes. Then to the far right of the page they always show when the next home game is and how many tickets are still available for sale. This I think is a great way to get fans to buy the tickets to the game.

Here on their offical site you can find out information about most of their played games and then you can see where they rank in the standings. Then they also have it so you can check out their roster and who will be playing with them in the future. Here is where I check up to see if anything new is going on with my cousin, A.J. Thelen. Here you can also check up on individual stats, of players playing right now, to see who is has the highest scoring record or who has the most penalty minutes, and more.

The Minnesota Wild have put everything on here that a fan could dream of. If your not a fan of the Wild at the top of the home page they have it so you can search for other teams home pages too, but i dont know anyone who doesnt like the Wild!

Posted by thele043 at 8:32 PM | Website Analysis

---

GO WILD!!!!

Posted by: Dylan at October 20, 2005 8:50 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

Gymnastics

For anyone interested in anything about gymnastics this is the site. href="http://www.usa-gymnastics.org"> USA Gymnastics

Here you can find any information you want, whether it be about rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling, artistic gymnastics, or sports acrobatics.

This website is set up in an extremely organized fashion. All of the main topics are set up along the left column. This allows you to find what part of the sport you are looking for, and find it fast. In the middle of the page there is the most recent information about what is going on within the sport.

Not only does the page have sports information, but there is information about education within the sport. This part of the website is designated more for coaches instead of the athletes.

This page has everything a gymnastics lover could ever want. You can find anything about gymnastics that your little heart desires. If you can’t find what it is you want right away there is search part that you can access easily.

Posted by roet0036 at 1:29 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

Need Tickets?

Sick of doing the same thing every weekend? Search www.ticketmaster.com for a concert near you. They have a user friendly search engine that helps you search by the artist, venue, or by the area you live in. It is perfect for band fanatics that want to find the concert closest to them. They have everything from big concerts to little venues that most people would not know about unless they were avid fans. There is something for everyone at this website. They have sporting events, theater productions, and as I said before, concerts. You can find something that specifically caters to your taste or something for the whole family. It also is a great idea for gift buying to find the perfect present for someone.

The best aspect of this website is the buying process. You can buy tickets as soon as they go on sale and have them delivered to you. If you want to pay a small extra fee you can get the tickets delivered within 24 hours. It is a very reliable service that concentrates on customer service. The program tries to get you the best seats possible and also helps you to find a ticket in your price range. Most people I know who want to get good tickets to a show rely on ticketmaster to provide them this service. It is also very safe, since you must use a credit card to buy the tickets, that your number is confidential and that potential hackers cannot get into the site by using a special code. If you are a frequent buyer you can use a buyer account and will receive special ticket deals.

Another perk of this website is the fact that they will send you e-mail alerts about new concerts that are in your area. You can get them for a specific band or just concerts or events that will be near you.

This website, www.ticketmaster.com , has always been a great resource for me when I buy concert tickets and I have always been happy with the results.

Posted by albre107 at 2:42 AM | Website Analysis

---

I use this site all the time. It is very easy to use because when searching for events they always come up, unless you typed something in wrong. Also most the time when I use the site I find that the tickets are usually fairly cheap.

Posted by: Josh Thelen at October 20, 2005 8:45 PM

Ticketmaster.com is the best website for finding tickets. I have used it for almost every concert I have gone too. It is really easy to use and tickets are priced pretty cheap too.

Posted by: Matt Fleming at October 21, 2005 10:34 AM

Category "Website Analysis"

A Serene Light

A calm, collected, and peaceful way to create light in your life.

This website sells a variety of dark candles and accessories. Candles are a great way to add a personalizing touch to your own living space and this place makes it easy. It encompasses all the accessories you will need, tips on how to keep the candles burning well, descriptions of the various wicked scents and much more.

These are quality handmade candles. They are solid dark colors, that come in dark blue, dark purple, dark red, etc. But my favorite overall is of course black. It is not just some half-a**ed coated white candle, it is black to the core. Since the candles are not made on a factory line each has its own individualistic quality (what some critiques like to call imperfections). There are four different styles of candles which are availible to purchase: pillars, votives, tealites, and tapers. All of the styles, except for the taper candles (only come in black and unscented), you can customize to your desired color and scent. There are some very intriguing and delicious scents, like: Cain, Graveyard Corpse, Forbidden Fruit, Absinth, Full Moon, etc. One of my personal favorites is Nosferatu. There is a whole page that describes each of the sents if you do not feel like giving in to your curiosity. I have found, for myself, that I had to try them all; which is easy with the option of sampler packs that they give you.

This web site has many different and unique candle accesories. There is a variety of the types of holders you can buy for any type of candle that they sell. You can also purchase candle snuffers and some other various items. One of my favorite aspects is that they really get into HALLOWEEN. They do this for most major holidays, I believe to just show some spirit, but nothing compared to all of the extra things they have for the extra special holiday that is placed at the end of October

There are also body care products that are sold here. Some of these include body mist, body wash, lip balm, and scented body oil. The scent options vary from product to product. There is a limited selection of scents from the candle options, but they also have some of their own scents. Of course there is an extended description of the scents so you do not end up paying for something which you despise.

There are some various other highlights on this website. For one there are shadow cards. The purpose of these are to collect ten and mail them in to recieve a free gift (usually worth about eight dollars and changes every month). You get the shadow cards by your purchases, one for every ten dollars you spend (not including shipping and handling). Another great thing on this website is that you can get on their mailing list. This is so you can recieve free updates, sales, new items, special scents, and a lot more. Lastly, there are the numerous links. All of these links seem to have a gothic or evil fear to them though, so proceed with caution for the weak hearted.

This site has changed my perspective on candles forever. They help me concentrate and get in a serene state of mind when I meditate, pray, journal, or whatever. Life is full of choices, which will be your's?

Posted by peder422 at 7:56 PM | Website Analysis

---

This site looks really interesting. I am a big fan of candles and I discovered tons of fun scents and colors on the site. I will definatly look into purchasing some. Your post described it well and caught my attention. Thanks for introducing me to this cool new webpage!

Posted by: Dylan at October 20, 2005 8:06 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

The Guillotine

Theguillotine.com is pretty much the wrestling website for Minnesota. It is a website based off of the magazine, but it contains much more information. The magazine relation is presented mostly on the homepage of the website. There are numerous articles written about various subjects, all relating to wrestling or the wrestling community. The internet website also contains many features that rise above the magazine.

There is a specific section on the home page titled forum, which is a discussion board for people to post on. This is divided into categories; such as high school or College. This is so posts can be somewhat relevant to what the reader is looking for. This gives the wrestling community the ability to discuss their opinions in a place where there is only moderate censorship. Some of the typical subjects under High School are about individuals, teams, matchups, and even sections as a whole.

One of the most popular aspects of the website is the high school rankings. Many concider TheGuillotine to be the official ranking of high school wrestlers in Minnesota. This always seems to cause some drama and debate over whom is better than whom, but it is usually fairly accurate. This is one of the main attractions to get people to visit the site for the first time.

It is pretty obvious by looking at the site that the main target audience is the wrestling community. There are numerous advertisements for wrestling shoes or headgear. Technique video tapes and wrestling camps are probably geared more towards coaches as something that could improve their team for the season ahead. Basically the website provides tons of information for wrestler and wrestling fans about what is going on in Minnesota that is wrestling related. It does this by providing many links to various aspects of wrestling so that anyone can find something that interests them. Check it out link

Posted by pari0080 at 8:38 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

Are you ticklish?

In the mood to learn a little more about yourself? Or maybe you just want something to pass the time? If so, tickle is the place for you!

Tickle is a website devoted to promoting self-discovery and social networking through the use of a variety of quizzes. It was founded on the belief that personal insight and connections to others could be both scientific and fun. At tickle, users can take quizzes and have their results sent to other people of their choice. Also, after taking some of the quizzes, people who scored similar to you are shown and you are allowed to get in contact with them. This provides the social aspect of the website as well as many different ads and links to personal dating/networking websites.

The quizzes are separated into many different categories ranging from 'Entertainment and Celebrities' to 'Mind and Body'. These are mostly used for fun and don't typically provide much more insight. However, there is a section of 'premium' tests which are designed to give personal insight. You can take these quizzes for free and get your result, however, in order to get the full report you must pay a fee. I have found that it's not really necessary to pay the fee because they usually give you enough information in the free portion that is provided.

Tickle provides quizzes for people of all ages- from teens to elders. They are both entertaining and thought-provoking and new ones are being added all the time. Whether you're in the mood to learn something about yourself or just trying to pass the time by taking a few fun quizzes, Tickle is definitely the place to go!

Posted by kelle446 at 8:26 PM | Website Analysis

---

Thanks for the link. I love taking quizes. I used to go to another quiz website called emode all the time. It was very similar to this one. The layout of the site is organized but also eye-appealing. You didn't really comment on its appearance, but you explained the content very well. I expect I will be going back to it quite a bit now (it's a good way to avoid homework).

Posted by: Sarah Markegard at October 17, 2005 7:45 PM

This is a great blog, I have actually been thinking about this tickling thing lately. Though many seem to not to be able to tickle me, I am a fiend at tickling friends. It is kind of funny that the only person that has ever been able to tickle me the way I most commonly tickle others(poking fingers into the person's sides and quickly moving them up and down) is the girl that I am currently with. Maybe it is like when people laugh at something someone else says when they like them(out of (?)curtosy(?)), but with tickling it is more subconscience. Anyway this is probably more than you care to hear and am not even paying attention to what I am writing now, but I did enjoy this blog, you did a damn good job!

Posted by: Ben Pedersen at October 19, 2005 9:56 AM

Category "Website Analysis"

Tired of the Rain?

Are tired of walking out of a class to find that it is raining, even though it was sunny 50 minutes before? Well, if you are, you should be checking the weather before you go to class.

At weather.com you can customize your own weather page. I have my weather page set up to give me the weather in the Minneapolis area. You can also click on different tabs that will bring you to different functions on the site. One tab will bring you to a hour-by-hour page. I find this useful for the schoolday; I can see what the weather will be like before and after my classes. Another tab lets you check the weather for the weekend, so you can plan your activities accordingly.

So, if you like to be dressed so that the elements don't get to you, weather.com is a great place to check out. Check this website out, it is very useful.

Posted by wenzx009 at 6:25 PM | Website Analysis

---

Every morning when I wake up I check this website to see what the weather will be like and what the current temperature is. It really helps me out a lot and it's so easy to use.

Posted by: Courtney at October 14, 2005 10:28 AM

This website is great! I'm an a weather freak, I have to check it every morning. This site is an easy one to use and get information from.

Posted by: Holly F at October 16, 2005 2:47 PM

I defenitely check this every morning... It's a great substitute if you don't have a TV... and even if you do it's a time saver. I've never had any trouble using it, and it helps me decide what I should wear due to the temperature.

Posted by: pari0080 at October 17, 2005 10:10 PM

I really feel that this website is very benefcial. It is easy to move around and all of the options are easy to locate. The website is extremely informative and I use it often so that I can be more prepared for the day. Not only that, but anyone can use it; I'm not the greatest with computers, and I have no problem. It's Great!

Posted by: James at October 17, 2005 10:50 PM

Out of all the websites posted, I think weather.com is the most useful and practical. Looking at weather on the computer is much easier than my old strategy of opening the door to outside on the way to breakfast to see how cold it is. Thanks for analyzing the site and opening my eyes to it, its really helping me out.

Posted by: Dan at October 21, 2005 10:19 AM

This is a great website. I use it alot especially if I need to know the weather for the next couple days. It has proved to be very accurate and helpful.

Posted by: Nicole Albrecht at October 25, 2005 7:49 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

How do you like them apples?

Anybody who loves their apple computer half as much as I love mine will love apple's homepage. There are all kinds of downloads, cool ads, apple info., news and pretty much anything else having to do with apples, besides worms, seeds and cores. If you've never been to this very helpful and interesting site, you should really check it out. applehomepage

You'll find all kinds of neat little downloads called widgets. For all you pc people, widgets are cool little applications that are stored on a transparent 2nd backround on your desktop that are easily downloadable and accessable. There is such a variety of widgets that nobody can have them all, there are thousands. So instead you pick the ones you might use and or may find entertaining. On my apple I have a calculator, a calender, a dictionary/thesaurus, the weather forecast, the moon cycle and spanish and well as a yoda translator.

The apple website is yet another reason why apple computers rule! The simplicity of the site reflects just how easy mac's are to use. Everything is very clean-cut, attractive and easy to read and understand. There are all kinds of helpful tips and support pages for any troubleshooting you may need to do. Even my grandparents could navigate about this site with ease. They wouldn't quite appreciate all the free itunes downloads and other downloads like I would, but they don't really listen to today's music anyway, oh wait, niether do I...

Posted by dulbe002 at 1:10 PM | Website Analysis

---

Thanks for the link. I am also an Apple Fanatic. I agree that the layout of the site reflects their philosophy of being easy to use. I do wonder, though, whether all their iPod stuff makes it just a site to sell iPods and not a site to make computers easy to use.

Posted by: Dieter at October 14, 2005 11:44 AM

I really like this website too even though I do not have an apple computer I can use it for my ipod. You can find information about any product that they sell and also make appointments at apple stores if you have a problem with your device.

Posted by: Nicole at October 21, 2005 2:45 AM

Category "Website Analysis"

WEBSITE ANALYSIS

Ehow.com

Written By Caitlin Connelly

It is not rare that a person knows their computer like the back of their hand, yet cannot give that hand a manicure because they don’t know how. For those people there is hope in the form of a website, Ehow.com. Ehow.com is the most practical website for people who need clear, step-by-step instructions to accomplish almost anything dealing with everyday life. The site is devoted to those who are tech savvy but not home savvy. Ehow.com explains it all, from hanging curtains to changing the oil to “what should I get Grandpa for Christmas?”

The site is simply laid out for convenient use. Fourteen categories are placed neatly on the home page of Ehow.com and within them are more subcategories to further refine any search (though one can start off by using the ‘search’ tool right away).

Once the topic of choice has been found, there are literally a number of steps to go about in order to fix or avoid a problem. For instance, under the heading “How to Avoid Common Traffic Tickets Other Than Speeding,” the web page gives a short introduction to the subject matter and goes straight into the instructions. Step 1 to avoiding traffic tickets: “Come to a complete stop at a stop sign and where a right turn is allowed at a red light. Drivers making rolling, “California” stops are easy prey.” As shown, the information is forward and helpful.

Along with explanations to fix many problems, Ehow.com also gives the viewer a list of related Ehow.com subjects, related websites, extra tips from other Ehow.com users, and even a "project details" box which rates the skills needed to accomplish the task (i.e. easy).

With Ehow.com one can find the solution to whatever problem they encounter in their daily life. The site name is easy to remember, it is on the internet for quick access, and is trouble-free to use. Ehow.com truly is the best do-it-yourself workshop on the web.

Ehow.com

Posted by conne129 at 8:38 PM | Website Analysis

---

This is such a cool website... it's very helpful and super easy to use! I never realized this website even existed. I just looked up "how to tie a tie." I wonder if every subject in the world is covered in the site...

Posted by: Katelyn at October 16, 2005 5:39 PM

Posted by: Katelyn at October 16, 2005 5:40 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

The onion

You come back into your room after a long day of classes, you get on your computer and check the news. Within seconds your chuckling and your mood has improved. You might be thinking: Wait a minute, who laughs at the news? If your thinking this you've obvoiusly never visited www.theonion.com. Only that website can pull this off.

Thats what this site is all about providing news in a light-hearted manner. It gives you stories that are just so ridiculous you can't help but at least chuckle a bit. It's like a normal news website except all the stories are made up or at least alter a bit to add humor. This site is for anyone who needs or wants the news with a cup of humor. The main focus goes out to young adults or college students because they tend to be the most excepting of these comical articials. Its recommend for people over eighteen years of age. Thats not because its full of profanity or dirty stories. It's because some of the stories require a little thinking. But take it from me, it can be enjoyed at a younger age. I've been reading it since i was sixteen and loving every minute of it.

Theonion.com has every category you would expect to find on a normal news site: Local, National, International, Sports, Business, etc. They take some shots at celeberities and political figures in there writing, but nothing extreme. They have opinion columns and horoscopes. Anything you can imagine involving news they have.

The Onion website is a great place to visit when your bored or your just in need of a good laugh. It's projected at everyone, but especially college students. I suggest you grab an issue of it every chance you get. YOu can find it all over campus. If you can't do that at least visit the website www.theonion.com. I guarentee one of the articles will give you a laugh.

Posted by bergm148 at 6:30 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

CollegeClub

CollegeClub.com

Websites like facebook, where you can search for any student in the world and join any group you could possibly imagine, are becoming immensely popular these days. You can find people with similar interests or someone who has class with you, or you can just find an old friend from high school to reconnect with. If you are someone like me who is a facebook addict, I've got another website for you to check out: CollegeClub.com.

CollegeClub.com is intended for any college student who is looking for an excuse not to do homework or is just bored and wants to kill some time. It has something for everyone. You can see this just by looking at all of the links at the top of the page. If you are interested in sports, gadgets, music and movies, politics; you name it, they have it.

In each one of the links they have a few popular topics to choose from. You can post comments for each of the articles and read what other college students have to say. Toward the bottom of the page are the top stories for the day. They include game, movie, and music reviews, as well as the U Life Feature and articles written by other college students like you.

Appearing on the right side of the page are ads that appeal to college students, a daily poll, flight and bus schedules, and a career and college link to search colleges, scholarships, and loans.

Once you can't seem to get through your day without a dose of CollegeClub, there is always the option of becoming a member. Members can get mail and IMs through CollegeClub and search for other members. Also, they can join clubs and chat with other college students.

The format of this website alone is enough to attract viewers. The layout of the webpage is very well organized, but also very eye-catching. The use of bright colors along with moving text and pictures really reel in the target audience, but isn't too much to make it cluttered and confusing.

The logo of the site, "Hook up in more ways than one.", sums up the purpose of the page perfectly. Not only can you get connected with other college students like yourself, but you can also get "hooked up" with the information every college student wants and needs.

Posted by marke082 at 1:34 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

nfl.com analysis

Hello Football Fans!!!

What are you doing this Sunday?

Let’s be realistic here, we both know it’s not homework, your going to watch your favorite NFL team hopefully slaughter whoever they play.

If I described you, nfl.com is geared 100% toward you, the fan offering news, notes, history, game day information, ticket sales, proshop, upcoming events and much, much more. At the top of the site, there is a link to every team’s official website, including the Vikings website though no one likes them [:)]. The big eye catcher on the main site is the main headline picture that switches from one headline to another as you navigate the site. Overall the entire site is composed of many links to different articles on different teams, games, analyses, and news.

NFL.com features a ton of linked texts, images, audio and video and a blog roll. The NFL gears this site toward the fans by allowing you to pick your favorite team so each time you visit the site new news and notes are displayed. The NFL shop link affects the audience largely as each item is customized to display a certain team. It makes the audience feel at home and appreciated because “their” team comes first. Besides knowing about their own team, great fans enjoy keeping up with all the activity in the league (i.e. trades, injuries, stats, standings, etc.) which are all linked at the top. What’s that, your roommate didn’t let you watch your team? Not to worry nfl.com also offers highlights of every team and every game. nfl.com is a fans most informative site so haer can be ready for Sunday.

Posted by wayer001 at 12:50 PM | Website Analysis

---

I can't believe that someone else shares my passion for NFL.com. It is simply one of my favorite sites. I spend a little time everyday checking injuries, trades, and depth chart battles. It might be a little geeky but I really love the ease of this site. Locating info on any team is as easy as apple pie. NFL shop is simply the greatest conglomeration of NFL equipment in the world. This site is for anyone who loves football and should be enjoyed by everyone.

Posted by: Brian Grant at October 16, 2005 8:20 PM

This site is fantastic. I check it every sunday for stats on my fantasy football players. It updates all most instantly which is key. I also love how you get all the updated news on NFL players and teams. The site offically rocks.

Posted by: Jeff Bergman at October 18, 2005 9:25 PM

The NFL has done a good job gearing their website towards the fans. I think it would be spectacular if they made a website like that for NCAA division 1 football. There is no purer form of football than College Football!

Posted by: brice aarrestad at October 21, 2005 10:03 AM

Category "Website Analysis"

Running GALORE!

When bored, there is nothing better than taking an hour to surf the net and update yourself on the world around you.

When an obsessed runner is bored, nothing is better than reading about statistics and times.

To combine the two loves, a super-track fan by the name of John Dye put together the ultimate website for any runner or running fan. In 1997, after his kids both won the Maryland State High School Championships in different track events, computer whiz John Dye compiled DyeStat, which today is one of the most well-known websites full of national rankings and times.

DyeStat is where it's at! The running-fanatic website contains anything to fill a runner's heart with joy, including updated race results, schedules, interviews, and pictures. The rankings are endless and are updated daily, thanks to John Dye and his amazing connections. Because it is supported by Nike and other sponsers, it contains gorgeous action shots that anyone can print off as haer own. One such picture was one of a female steeple chaser blowing bubbles with her gum in the midst of Junior Nationals... just seconds before she won. Nike also conducts interviews of elite high school athletes after they have smashed national records like it was a walk in the park. Events are updated by John and others, featuring the biggest meets in the country. Running products are also sold, including books, magazines, equipment, and athlete guides. Runners can converse about the latest races and records in the "talk" forums. Friends are often made here, and rivals are eased into small talk. The forums are divided into categories, including high school elites, different states for high school running, college running, equipment, and random topics.

If you want to be a good runner, you must be on top of things! Because DyeStat contains helpful information and endless advice, it is the average runner's necessity, besides oxygen.

Posted by baryl002 at 9:52 PM | Website Analysis

---

Category "Website Analysis"

Casual Luxury

What is casual luxury? To most its just two words that have nothing to do with each other. However, to others, it is what they think of when they hear Abercrombie & Fitch.

Abercrombie & Fitch offers online shopping that targets mid teens to young adults. The webpage allows both men and women to go online and view A&F merchandise (shirts, polos, jeans, pants, sandals, cologne, accessories, and more). Young users can view pictures of the products, read a description, and see the price. The layout of the webpage makes online shopping easy, and something that anyone can do. After ordering the product online, it will be shipped right to your home and you can track the order along the way, online

Other then just online shopping... The Abercrombie & Fitch website offers a lifestyle link which provides the young users with music, pictures, and screen savers. Not only that, but one can also locate stores around the United States, learn about career opportunities, learn about the history of A&F, and more involving what the company is all about. The webpage has a sense of sophistication, due to its classic black and white theme.

S-T-Y-L-E is what Abercrombie & Fitch is all about and they provide it through casual luxury. They offer quality and style that is unlike most other clothing companies. From the time you walk into a store or visit the webpage, you can tell that it is a company set apart from every other.

Posted by judge023 at 6:03 PM | Website Analysis

---

I agree the cite is very easy to use and somewhat sophisticated looking. You must really like these clothes to be so enthusiastic about the site, that's good. Personally I don't think it's so stylish to spend that much money on clothes, call me cheap.

Posted by: Charlie at October 14, 2005 6:33 PM

I agree that the website is well designed. The main colors of grey and white try and show how sophisticated the site is. It is easy to navigate around the site by the simple headings. You are correct that Abercrombie is trying to show that their clothes are a lifestyle. I think the site does a great job of showing its clothes, and does a good job representing the actual store.

Posted by: Gus at October 16, 2005 8:20 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

Web Analysis, Westerville Crew

Erin Desmond

I’m analyzing the Westerville Crew Homepage

It has a link in it.

The audience of the Westerville Crew homepage is any student interested in trying the sport out or a current member of the team or their parents. This page gives daily announcements and information on the sport in general. It is a tool used to make last minute changes known to a large group of people quickly.

The format of the website is very simple. There are quick links located on the side of the page for easy access to information that is frequently searched for. Roster information, directions and useful documents are a few of the quick links. Throughout the webpage there are also some links in blue that let you access coach’s information, pictures, and websites that the coaches want you to check periodically

Westerville Crew sets the page up with a date and time system. The most current post is listed first. Entries that were made at later dates are still left up for reminders, but the most current and important information is visible first. This system makes it much easier when a person is searching to see what time an event is supposed to be at or if practice is cancelled or moved elsewhere. It is set up with convenience in mind. The simplicity of the website makes it very user friendly. It is set up with the viewer in mind.

Posted by desmo022 at 8:02 PM | Website Analysis

---

I agree that the site is easy to use and that it was set up so that the viewer could find the most important and newest information first. The site is simply laid out and all subjects of interest are listed on side to check out.

Posted by: Caitlin Connelly at October 15, 2005 3:32 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

College Humor.com

If you have a pension for hilarious movies, drinking games and other insane shenanagans then this is the site for you.

College Humor.com is website whose audience of college students can post pictures, movies, and other content with the motivation of inspiring web surfers to fall off of of their surf boards laughing. There are many categories of topics that you can choose. Beware, however as one category displays nudity. Mostly they are pictures of topless women with the words "I love CollegeHumor.com" written across themselves. I just got a great idea. For the paper about writing technology I could introduce this as a form of written language that is rarely mentioned.

I enjoy the dorm room madness section as well as the signs section. Enjoy your time on CollegeHumor.com.

Posted by aarr0001 at 2:02 PM | Website Analysis

---

College Humor is funny website. I especially like the random pictures of the really off-the-wall things. I definetly think that this is just another way to distract yourself from studying, just like facebook and IM. Don't get me wrong, the site was funny, but I don't think I will be bookmarking it anytime soon.

Posted by: Graham Wenz at October 16, 2005 3:30 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

Do you Yahoo?

For anyone who utilizes the internet the word Yahoo is probably not an uncommon one. For many people they may use Yahoo for just about anything from web searches to e-mail. What many people don't know is what one of the best services that Yahoo provides is. Yahoo fantasy sports is the best source of free fantasy sports in the world because it provides the greatest amount of control and because it provides an unprecedented amount of services to ensure that every fantasy player can succeed.

Yahoo fantasy sports is designed to fulfill the needs of fantasy sports players around the world. It is designed for people of high school age and older with little experience to the most experienced fantasy player. Yahoo fantasy sports provides complete control of the league by the people chosen to be in control, that is the commissioner of the league has control of everything from the scoring system to the type of draft to be held, to the number of players on a teams roster. This control is one of the greatest services provided by Yahoo fantasy sports.

Yahoo fantasy sports offers several different sports from the most popular fantasy football to the rising sports like fantasy NASCAR. The popularity of yahoo fantasy sports has made it one of the most popular but for its members it is the services that Yahoo provides that really sets it apart from the rest of the internet fantasy sports providers. Yahoo has managed to partner with several of the most prominent internet sports news agencies. This allows users of Yahoo fantasy sports to have access to up to the minute injury updates and stats. Yahoo also provides one of the greatest features to any fantasy sports league, the message board. The message board provides a place for everyone in the league to trash talk any other manager in the league at any time. Yahoo also offers one of the easiest interfaces for trading, adding, and releasing players on your team. This makes it possible for even a novice fantasy player to take home the championship of his league.

Yahoo fantasy sports is the greatest and largest center for fantasy sports because of its ability to provide great services and the control that it gives to every player that participates in Yahoo fantasy sports. The high school age and older players are the major audience for Yahoo fantasy sports and they provide the best combination of services. You can tell that this is the audience because of the age group of the ads on the page. For the majority the ads are videogames and videogame systems. The best way to put it is that Yahoo fantasy sports is simply the best place for high school ages and older to participate in fantasy sports.

Posted by grant149 at 10:34 AM | Website Analysis

---

I like the website that you chose. I had no idea that this sort of thing even existed. It is cool that you can be involved in professional sports through this fantasy sports website.

You did a really good job of explaining what the purpose of the website is and who the target audience is.

Posted by: Erin at October 6, 2005 2:39 PM

Category "Website Analysis"

Website Analysis: VG

I'm analyzing Voices from the Gaps.

The audience for Voices from the Gaps is students who are interested in researching Women Artists of color.

The website assists them with research for their papers AND get them to participate in the site itself.

The site has a two-toned color scheme so you can tell it's trying to do a couple of things. Most of the content on the site is information about women writers and it has a lot of bibliographic information too, so you can tell it's primarily for researchers.

Posted by bohn0025 at 11:54 AM | Website Analysis

---

I should note that this entry is woefully inadequate as a website analysis. If I had managed to get all the stuff we talked about in class here it might make the cut. Just don't use this as an example to aspire to - more like a starting point to get the idea of the assignment across.

Posted by: Dieter at October 4, 2005 9:12 AM