The concept of truth distinct and separate from the process of signification

Consequently, in Politzer's reading, skepticism about ordinary language remains in complicity with the affirmation of truth "inaccessible to ordinary verbalization." With the emphasis on the inaccessible transcendental or on the emptiness of traditional exemplary forms, this strain of Kafka criticism in fact perpetuates both the notion of linguistic skepticism and the concept of truth distinct and separate from the process of signification.

[Ziarek 178]

Related Fragments:
Truth Separate from Signification
perpetuates both the notion of linguistic skepticism and the concept of truth distinct and separate from the process of signification. [The concept of truth distinct and separate from the process of signification] The "standard line" that I've been tal...
An Early Draft
Kafka and Benjamin Presentation: Dieter Bohn Good Afternoon, everyone. Since my paper today will treat Kafka's parables, I think it is fitting that I begin with a couple as epigraphs: What are you building?-I want to dig a subterranean passage....
Exposé one: Critical Failure
The Failure of Narrativity: Benjamin's Kafka Exposé one: Critical Failure. What are you building?-I want to dig a subterranean passage. Some progress must be made. My station up there is much too high. We are digging the pit of Babel....
(TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/1179 )