The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind...

"Each day is a new opportunity. What we do today is what matters most." - Buddha

"It is glass, and concrete and stone. It is just a house, not a home" - David Burn, The Talking Heads

"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world." - John Lennon

"Power to the people. You say you want a revolution we better get on right away! Get on your feet, and enter the street, shake it, power to the people!" - John Lennon

I could focus on all of the mega negativities that are effecting our environment, but instead, I would like to focus on a few of the positive aspects (being so inspired by my above quotes) that we are doing and can do to ensure environmental sustainability. Since this is the third, yes third, blog entry that I have attempted to type up, I am going to deliberately make it short and sweet, due to my lack of patience.
My group and I are going to focus on international programs, conservation efforts, different careers involved (architects, designers, environmentalist, health advisors, contractors, engineers, just to name a few), sustainable commercial design, products used (LED lights, organic and recycled materials, natural lighting), waste management and recycling, steps taken by politicians and goverment, media, and leaders around the world.
Basically the United States is taking baby steps in order to secure a relationship between man and nature. I believe that one day this could be a Utopia, and that at our present moment, we are very far away from it. The main thing that we need to do is INFORM people of our society the fact of the matters. Drill it into them, literally!

I chose the Happy Feet photo because it represents the action that our media is taking in order to inform children and adults about our polluted environment and how we treat animals.

The second photo can fall into a variety of categories. Money is a large issue in how we are treating our environment, drilling for oil, building poor quality establishments due to cost, failing to install windows in a school to save on utility bills. It does cost a little more to preserve energy, but in the big scheme of things, it's worth it.

The third is a quick graph revolving around some humans. This is what matters most, folks.

The fourth photo is of one of the greatest inventions of our time. LED Lights. They help to conserve energy and work wonderfully. I used them for my artwork too.

The fifth photo is a painting of mine titled Safety First. It portrays a mutant-pollutant like figure, peering at its destructed city. The lights are emphasised as well as the black water and red sky. There is no grass, only sand. I was inspired by Janet Frame's novel Face in the Water, as well as James Lovelock's scientific Gaia theory.

I hope you have enjoyed.

Download file
Bob Dylan - The Times they are a Changin'

Download file

Download file

View image

View image

View image

View image

View image