For this week's assignment I started out with taking a look at the 10 promising products I picked out last week from these past 6 weeks. I ended up choosing 5 products from my winter theme of Hanukkah and 5 products that I came up with during the semester that dealt with the theme of winter. These products included...
- Candle-wood: Wood that burns and smells like a candle.
- Heat Boots: Boots that melt the snow beneath your feet
- Glow sled: Entire sled glows up with the use of LED lights and a front flood light to guide you
- Massage coat: Coat with built in back massager
- Movie shades: Glasses with built in screens to watch movies wherever you are
- Pin the candle on the menorah: Fun game for kids like pin the tail on the donkey
- Music playing dreidel: Dreidel that plays music as it spins during game play
- Holidays board game: Answer trivia questions about Jewish holidays correctly to progress
- Jewish holidays App: Educates non-Jewish people about all Jewish holidays
- Talking Tora: Kids toy that reads the writings of the Tora for kids who can't read.
After I gathered the results from the survey the top picks were......
As you can see towards the end I was having a little more difficulty filling out these 2x2's. For Pin the Candle on the Menorah and the Candle-wood I didn't make grids because I couldn't think of what I could put in them, but here are some products that I found that are along the same lines
Pin the Candle on the Menorah
There are many "pin the ___ on the ___" games out there so here are a few that I found
For the patents I found the patent for the candle for the candle-wood product
For the heat boots I found a boot that heated from the inside to keep your feet warm but nothing for melting the ice
For the massage coat I found something kind of like my idea. I found an "air-pressure type body acupuncture point massaging coat"
For Pin the Candle on the Menorah I have the patent for the menorah http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=36&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=Menorah&OS=Menorah&RS=Menorah
And last for the Glow Sled I have the patent for the snow sled, the base of the product http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=36&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=Menorah&OS=Menorah&RS=Menorah
Concern: Mixing wood and candle wax together. Is it possible? Perhaps just lacing the wood with scented wax could work.
Estimated cost: $316 for a truck load's worth of candle-wood
$50 for 5 lbs of bees wax
$41 for 2064 yards of wick
$175 for a truck load of firewood
$50 for 20oz of scented oil
Estimated cost: $843
$30 for 6 sq ft. of leather
$13 for 1 yard of faux fur
I found a heated snow mat that could be cut and used for the soles that ran for about $800.
Concern: Cost of manufacturing the massage unit in the coat
Estimated cost: $360
$180 for pattern pieces
$5 for the zipper
$100 for the mobile massage system that I found
$75 for 3 yards of black solid wool
Concern: I don't have many concerns about this product, I think it is very do-able.
Estimated cost: $50-60 for the plastic
Concern: Making sure the sled doesn't become too hot to sit on and making sure it isn't too bright so that it blinds the rider or people around them.
Estimated cost: $350
$28 for 2 pieces of pine board
$70 for LED flood light
$260 for 20 60W LED lights