The next meeting of the Mass Email User Group (MEUG) is Tuesday, February 23 from 1-2:30 p.m. in Morrill Hall 238A.
At this meeting, University Relations will present and lead discussion on the creation of email newsletters or other recurring email communications, from idea to execution. 'New' email communications may be brand-new or a transition from print to electronic. We'll cover questions such as:
- What strategies and tactics are there for converting from print to electronic?
- Should this be in my communications plan?
- How can I select an audience using U data sources?
- How can I leverage tracking data for my message?
- Am I obligated to abide by anti-spam rules, such as CAN-SPAM?
- How can I keep costs/resources down?
This will not be a technically heavy meeting and is geared toward communicators and those who've found that their job description now includes 'communicator.'
Planning on attending remotely? You'll need a phone for the conference call and will want a computer handy for the screen share, although the main portion of the meeting will not be laden with slides. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to attend remotely. No RSVP needed if you're planning to attend in person.