a little somethin

I was thinking about the word "blog" a few minutes ago. I realized the more I say it, and see the word written, I really don't like it. Weird. For a tish of irony, I thought I'd BLOG. . . .

This poster's image and text are completely irrelevant to one another, being an ad for a band, however the graphic still leads your eye to the text successfully by using positive and negative space. I also like the color scheme (hot pink, yellow, and cyan) it's a nice variation to they typical primary colors.

I found a poster that caught my eye just because it's so ugly!! I hate the way all the colors come together overall, as a composition. Plus, I cannot even make out what's going on in the center. That makes it kinda uncomfortable for me, or any viewer for that matter... here, look...

I think I would like this poster better if it was cropped an inch on the left side. I like the brown hue a lot, esp with the paper color, but the black on the bottom makes the composition feel heavy.

G

webjourney

I hate Mondays. And waking up. I was a lil late this morning, but better later than never... I began my Monday am with a little Iron&Wine softly playing from my eMac, three glasses of water, and a spritz of peach body spray. I think I'm off to a good start thus far. If I were driving right now, I'd give two honks for that-beep beeeeeeep-

I found a gig poster for Beck in class today. It captures his hot rockstar stance. Give him a click. The graphic is so accurate and that makes it successful. The site it's located on is really cool too, it has just about every band you can conjur up and their promotional posters.

Continue reading "webjourney" »