Computer Reporting Analysis

I did a story from nicar.org entitled, 'Failures in electronic record systems may pose danger to patients." It was basically a short little blurb about how Food and Drug Administration finding failures in electronic medical record systems that actually may have caused death or serious injury to patients. I am not really sure how the reporter used computer assisted reporting, I assume he just had to look through all the records and some of the hospitals systems to figure out how they work. Actually I am not really sure how you could possibly not use computer-assisted reporting with anything. You are always going to have to use a computer to do background research for a story, for example I have to use it to get into the MN legislative library and pull out the legislation for alcohol use at TCF Bank Stadium, and to do other various background research on the topic. I guess I just don't realy understand what this analysis is asking me to do.

This page contains a single entry by brayx063 published on April 25, 2010 3:54 PM.

American Expatriates Giving Up Citizenship for Lower Taxes was the previous entry in this blog.