[Keith] Student Feedback
Popular Polling software (most used by some faculty at the U):
- Text message (SMS) polls and voting
- Can display results on web or through PowerPoint (updates automatically)
- Can also vote via Twitter or Smartphones
- no innovations - simply a free/for pay pro options easy to use online poll and survey tool
- Internet's Largest Poll Database
- free and easy to use
- polls made by accounts are searchable
- automatically adds a threaded discussion for every poll that folks can go to immediately after completing poll
iRespond AnyPlace - web-based version of clicker
- Allows for essay answers
- vClicker mobile edition - virtual clicker
- ResponseWare - web-based polling on laptops and cell phones/smart phones with web browsers
- works on Wi-Fi and cell/data networks
- Allows alphanumeric entry
- Aids with accessibility issues
- RemotePoll - Simultaneously connect multiple lecture rooms through the internet using ResponseCard hardware and RemotePoll to enable the host site to gather and display results immediately from all locations.
- web>clicker - browser-based voting system that combines the simplicity and reliability of i>clicker with the flexibility of laptops and handheld devices.
- works with laptops
- works with mobile devices that support a browser
- Q7 Presenter Tablet - allows teachers to draw, annotate, and control computer applications without being tethered to a computer. Additionally, presenters can view notes, presentation indicators, and input from participants on the tablet's LCD screen.
- Q5 instructor remote - can start and stop media as well as initiate a spontaneous question right from the remote.
- Slide/question bank available for many disciplines from company
- Intellislate - device that allows annotation over presentations, programs, documents and web pages Clip Art Library for Geography, Math, Science, History and more
- iRespond mini tablet
- Control your PC using the iRespond Mini-Tablet!
- Tablet technology functionality at one-half the cost
- Issue questions to students
- Use as a teacher's/presenter's remote
- Draw and capture capability
- InterWrite WorkSpace - vendor provided content (content, lessons, assessments, etc...)
- InterWriteMobi - The teacher and student can concurrently interact with and contribute to the same digital content - ideal for team activities, learning simulations, student exploration, and more.
- Enabling collaborative micro-discussion in and out of the classroom
- social networking-powered mobile Web application
- creates a collaborative classroom, allowing students to provide near real-time feedback during class and enabling professors to adjust the course content and improve the learning experience
- Students can post messages to Hotseat using:
- text messages
- logging into Hotseat site
- Students can also vote on questions posed to help instructor prioritize questions to answer
- Has a polling tool
- Unique in that there is 2-way communication through the tool (faculty can address students questions individually)